• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Name that turbo...please help.

MPR

*Updated*

I've been trying to identify this turbo. I have the exact same one at home.

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i24/2491_11lo.jpg

Previous owner says it's from a nissan skyline R34 (one of the twins).

The turbo I have is not a ball bearing turbo. All the twin turbo skyline engines, even going back to the r32, are all ball bearing turbos. So how can this be from an R34?

There are no numbers or ID plates on it anywhere. It is a nissan factory unit.

I need to know the specs on it to see if it will be a good match for my volvo.

If anyone can help me ID this turbo that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm pretty good with Nissan turbochargers, so can you give me a front compressor housing shot?

pull the compressor housing off and mic the inducer and exducer, that'll tell you what wheel it is, the rest doesn't matter :-P

Here are some pics. The supposed skyline turbo is on the left (the clean one). The other one is a stock t3 from an 87 b230ft (it's junk).

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

^I think you hit the nail on the head.

I have been searching all the different nissan turbo engines and had no luck finding a pic of the same turbo.

I did another search on google images for "rb25det turbo" and a few pages through that I found a pic of a stock rb25det turbo. It's identical to the one I have.

Thanks for the suggestions/help guys. :cool:

Now I can find a compressor map for it and see how well matched it will be to my b230ft.

Ok, I can find pictures of it but I still can't find the actual model number for it. ("GT2850" for example).

Anyone here know? Or know where to find out?

Thanks.

Back