• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230FT RODS: 9mm or 13mm??

:rofl:

I'm beginning to think that there is a lot of people around here who have this christian idea of "suffering on earth to gain access to paradise".

How else would you explain this pathological repulsion for building a fun car?

He has what he has and wishes to diddle around with what he has to alleviate his boredom, just to do something else with his hands other than tickle a mouse for the man in a cubicle.

IE typical 'new TB'.

:e-shrug:

Last edited:
People either don't have the funds or don't want to spend for rods/pistons. The op stated he may receive 13 mm stock rods for free. Not that hard to understand. Most people don't need to go to H-beam rods. Blow your motor up, grab another one from the junkyard. This is tb after all. For the people with serious builds, upgrading pistons/rods is a no brainer.

OK, I'll play.

If you are planning to change the rods...which the OP is doing, why not change those heavy, discusting, immoral and offensive pistons?

Why deny yourself the secret of happiness?

no lofty power goals, no desire to spend an extra ~$600 (and hey if you're doing that, you may as well get the longer rods for her pleasure). Your boy routinely disparages the 'noodly' 13mm rods, and he's not wrong for it.. they bend pretty easy. maybe not as easy as the 9mm rods, but still.

so.. cheap insurance relative to the rest of it. the stock pistons have few if any issues hitting probably double the power of the average tbricker (ok, ok, triple.)

The only probable disgusting and immoral component in OP's car would be the 8v cylinder head.

Stop projecting, the OP has clearly stated what he's doing and going to do.

Yes they will swap.

[/THREAD]

actually I talked to OP, I know *exactly* what he's wanting to do (and not do) so, :-P :-P. My initial post STILL holds up.

I just find it hilariously amusing that the baseline assumption from some people would be "aftermarket pistons" when the thread title itself is 9mm or 13mm rods. I mean.. who in their wrong mind would even put custom pistons on top of 9mm rods (and yet, if they did, the other rods would STILL SWAP). OP was/is talking about stock rods in a stock engine, but

AFTERMARKET PISTONS BABY!

I'll casually wait for the incoming straw-engine argument and suggestions about relative experiences, etc.

actually I talked to OP, I know *exactly* what he's wanting to do (and not do) so, :-P :-P. My initial post STILL holds up.

I just find it hilariously amusing that the baseline assumption from some people would be "aftermarket pistons" when the thread title itself is 9mm or 13mm rods. I mean.. who in their wrong mind would even put custom pistons on top of 9mm rods (and yet, if they did, the other rods would STILL SWAP). OP was/is talking about stock rods in a stock engine, but

Then why did the OP make the thread?

Didn't he believe what you told him?

AFTERMARKET PISTONS BABY!

I'll casually wait for the incoming straw-engine argument and suggestions about relative experiences, etc.

Right?

JV's just hoping he can still sell something on here for more than $14.99.

they are stock replacement hbeam rods. sounds like you didn't read sh<vr>it

but thanks for underlining my assertion ;)

Is it suddenly your time of month???:oops:
(unstated often in English "I" )Just not assuming ----------> I<------------ know EVERYTHING..

And maybe warn him if he ever responded that maybe--just maybe!!!!! if he's thinking of any custom forged pistons combined with ANY lousy "13mm" rods the problem of getting the rod to pin boss clearance right..

But of course you knew what I wanted to warn him about...before he's bothered to say what his plans were....:nod:

Last edited:
People either don't have the funds or don't want to spend for rods/pistons. The op stated he may receive 13 mm stock rods for free. Not that hard to understand. Most people don't need to go to H-beam rods. Blow your motor up, grab another one from the junkyard. This is tb after all. For the people with serious builds, upgrading pistons/rods is a no brainer.

And since twitter or Pacefook type postings are the norm and they don't say what they're doing or hoping to do ultimately, that's why some people ask what the plans are.
Foolishly...:roll:

Then why did the OP make the thread?

Didn't he believe what you told him?

It was after the fact, I'll expand on that in a moment, but the short answer is yes, he did.

Right?

JV's just hoping he can still sell something on here for more than $14.99.

isn't that every turbobricker's dream? lmao

Is it suddenly your time of month???:oops:
Just not assuming I know EVERYTHING..

And maybe warn him if he ever responded that maybe--just maybe!!!!! if he's thinking of any custom forged pistons combined with ANY lousy "13mm" rods the problem of getting the rod to pin boss clearance right..

You never fail to live up to expectations :lol: the ol' ad-hominem agitator (tm)

I didn't suggest nor state that I knew everything, that should've been pretty clear from my initial post.

But of course you knew what I wanted to warn him about...before he's bothered to say what his plans were....:nod:

stock short bad, long forged good. I might have hinted at that earlier today.

Really though, and you know this John, you're just in it for the shens; no one is going to spend money on forged pistons to run stock rods. that doesn't really happen with *any* car group. So then why would you come out of the gate thinking that?

[expanded]
OP posted the same question on facebook, and I replied with a link to this thread. It was then explained that english is not his first language, and he was having trouble understanding what some of the people ( :cough:John:cough: ) were getting at. We briefly covered the mechanical aspects, then of course I asked what the goals were and what the setup was going to be.. a long-life ~250hp setup that's overbuilt because parts availability wherever he's from is difficult at best (It sounds like Brasil), so he'd rather not break anything as he can't just jog down to the ol jy and get another engine (incidentally... neither can I anymore--that's kinda depressing really)

Last edited:
You never fail to live up to expectations :lol: the ol' ad-hominem agitator (tm)

I didn't suggest nor state that I knew everything, that should've been pretty clear from my initial post.

thumb_men-have-pms-too-fb-com-laughoutloudly247-piss-and-moan-syndrome-20437279.png

Again, your time of the month? I siad I was assuming I didn't know everything because the guy didn't state what his short or long term goals were

Stop looking for offense..Your presumptions about me have been wrong consistently since the very first response you ever did. Quit assuming you know--or even have a clue--as to what I am doing or saying unless it is addressed directly and clearly to you.
If something is unclear, ask questions.

Like I did with the Oh Pea.

Calm down, Mr Kavanaugh, just because it wasn't on your calendar doesn't mean it's the same for the rest of us

Back