• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

o2 sensor selection

Mbeas96

I've had a rich spike/misfire while cruising for the longest time...replaced alot, tested a lot and no success.
this is my thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340925&page=2

I'm about to buy an o2 sensor, I havent tested it, but in the maintaince records I have for the car there is no sign of changing the o2. Who knows how old it is. If it works, ill be ecstatic.

what's the general consensus for a "cheap" (decently priced) o2 sensor for my 1990 740 TIC lh2.4? ive read late 80s v8 mustang ones work, but another post said 92 v8 or l4 would work. im sure the "mustang" one would be cheaper than the "Volvo" one at the parts store..

cheap 02 sensors ehh

the bosch ones are only like $50 last time I checked

but thats like 10 years worth of maintenance for a 7/9 owner

fix it right dude

I used a Bosch 13953 which worked perfect, I cut off the end of the new O2, and I cut the plug and wires off the old, spliced them together (black to black, whites to whites), it has been fine for a while now.

Saved about $20 over the Bosch specific O2 and DID NOT cut the stock harness.

I have had good luck with NTK sensors lately. So yours would be NTK 25034. $41 from Rock Auto so pretty cheap.

Even the OEM Bosch 13957 is only $55

I've had a rich spike/misfire while cruising for the longest time...replaced alot, tested a lot and no success.
this is my thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340925&page=2

I'm about to buy an o2 sensor, I havent tested it, but in the maintaince records I have for the car there is no sign of changing the o2. Who knows how old it is. If it works, ill be ecstatic.

what's the general consensus for a "cheap" (decently priced) o2 sensor for my 1990 740 TIC lh2.4? ive read late 80s v8 mustang ones work, but another post said 92 v8 or l4 would work. im sure the "mustang" one would be cheaper than the "Volvo" one at the parts store..

what is cheap?

awesome, I hadnt looked around for price differences, but I had a feeling the OEM would of been like 80 bucks or so. So, at about half of that for an OEM, seems like a no brainer. going with the bosch one, will hopefully report back with my issues solved.

I would go NTK hands down. Doing some actual testing, the NTK is more accurate and faster responding on a few different vehicles myself and a couple other techs have checked. Watching with a scope, watching fuel trims, all of that level of stuff.

Bosch has slipped a bit over the last few years.

Whatever you do don't test the one you have first.

And don't check that your system responds to high and low O2 signals.

Support the machine by spending money rather than running diagnostics.

My truck has 4 O2 sensors and at 230k miles all are original.
(oops, I should have said nothing)

I would get a Bosch.

After I tested.

Whatever you do don't test the one you have first.

And don't check that your system responds to high and low O2 signals.

Support the machine by spending money rather than running diagnostics.

My truck has 4 O2 sensors and at 230k miles all are original.
(oops, I should have said nothing)

I would get a Bosch.

After I tested.

Support the machine and buy more gasoline

It looks like it would but says it wouldn?t. Maybe it?s too short.

The universal
3 wire NTK works fine for me and was very very cheap. You just have to wire it in yourself but that?s easy.

Yeah it looks like I'll be going that route. A $13 universal one that will take like 10 minutes to rewire is completely worth it.

Some say NTK some say Bosch, I guess both sides have seen bad sensors. Maybe I go with a NTK, if I find a bosch one cheaper maybe I go with that. I guess I should test, but I'm thinking I might not see the problem in park revving, since I only notice it while cruising. But, I guess it wont hurt.

Some say NTK some say Bosch, I guess both sides have seen "bad" sensors. Maybe I go with a NTK, if I find a bosch one cheaper maybe I go with that. I guess I should test, but I'm thinking I might not see the problem in park revving, since I only notice it while cruising. But, I guess it wont hurt.

don't know what your problem is
I have never seen a bad brand name sensor only bad reasons for installing
aka wild ass guessing
if you go the crimp on route to save a few dollars make sure to do a good job and seal up the exposed wire or metal
and you are correct unless you have a very good scope testing O2s with multi-meters or the little piss ant testers is a waste of time
they will only show you a failed sensor not one with a tune issue
I'd support the South Carolina economy and use a factory fit Bosch

Back