• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

I forget what car had it, but are you going to integrate some sort of audio jack in the back so you can use your car/hauler as a guitar amp? You could just plug in and give a demo.

That's the plan. One of my best friends also happens to be the best amp builder on earth (IMO). He decided a couple years ago to build a 12v battery powered tube amp as kind of a joke. The thing is, it sounds AWESOME. Like crazy good. Here's more info (it's not even on his website lol)

I really dig this build. I know he's probably mellowed a bit, but knowing Doug we'll get some good flogging videos upon completion.

But I dont wanna grow up! ;) Well maybe this time there won't be video of me nearly running bicylists off the road. Maybe.

Sweet seat brackets Doug. The jigsaw approach to fabrication is one of the best, given all the new NC toys that are available to us in this future world we are living in...

Still finalizing your turbo match, but I'm almost certain that the GTX3067R is the best choice.

if there's no massive rolling burnout videos when this is finished, then You, Doug, have failed.

Sweet seat brackets Doug. The jigsaw approach to fabrication is one of the best, given all the new NC toys that are available to us in this future world we are living in...

Still finalizing your turbo match, but I'm almost certain that the GTX3067R is the best choice.

I'm leaning the same way. Even if the peak number is a bit lower, if the over all powerband was like my old T5R on steroids it'd be a perfect family cruiser ;)

if there's no massive rolling burnout videos when this is finished, then You, Doug, have failed.

That's kind of my thing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LGcB3Fj-tIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A bit of a downer you didn't 3D metal print the brackets.. :oogle:

How bitchin would that be. If I had the resources ;)

Guess I need to get the trans swap and MS done on my wagon so I can pace him and get some out of car videos. :)

Works for me :D

I'm leaning the same way. Even if the peak number is a bit lower, if the over all powerband was like my old T5R on steroids it'd be a perfect family cruiser ;)

Given your goals, peak power should not be any lower than the GTX3071R. Maybe look at it this way: the 67 is more efficient in the area you'll be operating it in, and the 71 just has unneeded headroom that you won't be using.

Unless of course you've been holding out on me, and you're someday planning to crank the boost up above 30 psi and make more than 525 hp at the flywheel...:-D

Then I would say the 71 is the right choice.

Given your goals, peak power should not be any lower than the GTX3071R. Maybe look at it this way: the 67 is more efficient in the area you'll be operating it in, and the 71 just has unneeded headroom that you won't be using.

Unless of course you've been holding out on me, and you're someday planning to crank the boost up above 30 psi and make more than 525 hp at the flywheel...:-D

Then I would say the 71 is the right choice.

Unlikely. I like to make as much power as I can around 18-22psi. Might see the occasional jaunts on raceful or E85 to 30psi but unlikely in daily conditions. The T5R ran happy as could be at 18psi year round.

I don't think he has.
DIRY?

LOL. Revenge for all the DIRY in your thread eh?

18-20 seems to be the sweet spot on mine as well, awesome for a daily, still enough to get you locked up. :)

18-20 psi from the 3067 on this T5 will put it in the 325 - 355 whp range above 6krpm (375-395 bhp). Peak torque around 370 to 390 lb-ft. Fun!

18-20 psi from the 3067 on this T5 will put it in the 325 - 355 whp range above 6krpm (375-395 bhp). Peak torque around 370 to 390 lb-ft. Fun!

That should be perfect honestly. Big power band, quick spooling, plenty of daily driven power. 400whp is such an important sounding number to most people but I'm kind of off of it these days.

Plus who knows, maybe on E85 it'll be happy at 24-25psi.

Seat rails done and done

155976770.jpg

155976771.jpg

155976772.jpg

The only change to the 'production version' is I added about 8mm more height on the legs to account for carpet thickness.

155976774.jpg

This is the seat adjusted to where I will likely sit (about the same distance off the shifter as my C30). There's also a ton of room in the back seat for a fullsized adult. Win-Win!
155976775.jpg

That's the Shaq position. I'm 5'8" and even in the first picture I can barely touch the firewall with my feet. The all the way back position would accomidate a VERY tall person.

Bottom half of the rear seat is bolted in now too. :D

Last edited:
Make sure you're using good bolts. Hardware store carriage bolts are typically very poor quality (grade 2 or worse) and you don't want to play roulette with seat mounting hardware, it's a safety issue. McMaster sells 8.8 metric carriage bolts that should work pretty well for this application.

Make sure you're using good bolts. Hardware store carriage bolts are typically very poor quality (grade 2 or worse) and you don't want to play roulette with seat mounting hardware, it's a safety issue. McMaster sells 8.8 metric carriage bolts that should work pretty well for this application.

you can find grade 8 and higher at home depot. NBD

Nice seat bracket, i really like the jigsaw approach to building brackets etc like this. Does the bolt head for the bolt between this and the other bracket have enough space?

For welding (and strength, although the bracket wont be the weakest link, probably the bolts or floor sheetmetal) I prefer to make the welds like pictured here:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAUM/uU-PH4pb6xI/w1143-h857-no/IMAG2744.jpg (small bracket i made for a machine in the workshop)
Not sure if there is room for this approach in your application but this way of constructing gives slightly cleaner/nicer parts with easier weld and sometimes less distortion.

Back