• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Banjo bolt washer - oil filter adapter housing

I seem to recall that the large bolt ( 32mm? ) that holds the oil filter housing to the block on 7/900 turbos is no longer available from Volvo, anyone know the size and if there is something available after market - did not find a replacement at FCP but there must be an equivalent washer out there somewhere. I am going from the later 940 design and putting in a separate early 960 oil cooler with fabricated oil lines so using the earlier 740T adapter.

Fortunately I also installed solid engine mounts so routing the lines should be easier.

Washer Still available from fcp, unless the three that showed up today cleaned them our forever...
h2di5Ue.jpg

Get the bolt from a junkyard, or post in wanted.
Get one of these to seal it to the block: 967343
IibI7O1.jpg

Solid engine mounts?
Sounds like a very dumb idea, what ever for?

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to post numbers and hopefully I will find one - I have the banjo bolt etc. and concerning the original hydraulic mounts I have to mention THAT was a dumb idea - they do not last, are expensive and really do nothing the solid mounts on the earlier cars cannot do, I am certain others here will agree. Nothing wrong with using them, just not what I wanted. Cheers!

Thank you for taking the time to post numbers and hopefully I will find one - I have the banjo bolt etc. and concerning the original hydraulic mounts I have to mention THAT was a dumb idea - they do not last, are expensive and really do nothing the solid mounts on the earlier cars cannot do, I am certain others here will agree. Nothing wrong with using them, just not what I wanted. Cheers!

I thought you mean solid like metal not Solid rubber, no worries.

Back