• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 244 build thread

Got the wheels on, the tires are too small so it looks weird for now, I'm in the middle of moving this week and then I'm gonna start to figure out what tire to go with, I'm thinking 195/55r15 or 195/50r15 I also threw the roof racks back on and i want to get a fairing for those as well... ill post some pics later.

Here are the new wheels, like redwood said my tires were gonna be too small but thanks to Mr.Blewregaurd we figured out a 205/55r15 is gonna be a new size or maybe a 195/55, I'm midway through an AC delete and by that I mean I got the silver canister out and that's it, any tips on getting the AC condenser out? is there a quick way to do it?

vZRzyAg.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention I'm looking to get a wind screen for the roof racks and a bike carrier if anyone has any insight into what works best for the square bars that'd be appreciated.

I got my AC all out, no more power steering at the moment, also, unfortunately, I was driving home late last night and a massive rock was on the road and I couldn't get out of the way fast enough, now I have a massive bend in my wheel so ill be looking at getting that fixed here soon, also another cars and coffee this weekend which should be a blast!

I had 205/50/15's on my old 242 and they were way too small. As soon as I saw "195/45" I was like whoa that's not going to work lol.

Yea they suck but now i have bigger issues, i was driving and was going from 2nd to 3rd and then my shift linkage, the part that goes into the trans i guess came out or something now the car is stuck in neutral so im not sure what to do....

My thread has been dead just like my car, the shift linkage on my m47 broke and that part is impossible to find so I gave up on buying that and pulled an m46 from a car today along with the drive shaft and cross members and such so that will happen soon, also scored a new grill since my old one fell off and I ran it over along with a city bus, other than that everything is going well, i bent one of my wheels already which sucks but that will get fixed and I'm still looking for a wind fairing but I also graduate high school next week so that's a plus and hopefully ill get some grad money and can finally buy those coil overs I've been wanting for nearly a year and then I'm looking at a summer of fun drives and road trips and then it's time for college....

Further update: The car is driving again, M46 is in its pretty fun with it, now i need to redo my exhaust because of where the trans cross member is so that will be next!

Nice work so far! Sorry you keep getting hiccups, but that is the TB way. lol Might as well start saving for a T5 and get rid of that M46.

The car has been sitting more now and i only drive it ocassinoly, either the o-rings in the OD are shot or the cone thing in the m46 is slipping, im considering selling the car at this point and maybe trying to find a 242 or maybe a wagon and just doing some stuff to an NA one and drive it in the canyons and maybe some road trips but who nows maybe ill just get a new exhaust made for mine, get coilovers finally and then figure out this trans and keep it! decisions, decisions....

Back