• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine don't. :e-shrug:

Exactly. I think the squeek comes from the pads and improper alignment. Never had a issue with squeeking, also I did it just because of the added weight in the front. Probably will never autocross this car or do any track days in it, it's just a fun cruiser and occasionally I will take it to the drags

Exactly. I think the squeek comes from the pads and improper alignment. Never had a issue with squeeking, also I did it just because of the added weight in the front. Probably will never autocross this car or do any track days in it, it's just a fun cruiser and occasionally I will take it to the drags

I ended up buying stock s60r caliper bolts, trimming them down a hair and went with stock materials pads. Will know soon if the squeal goes away. I think my issue might be a alignment problem.

So far so good, 100 miles on the brakes, I used oem ac Delco pads and mounting hardware and oem s60r rotors. No noise and the brakes stop good. All in all it's a great upgrade so far!

I sometimes wonder if there's a time machine involved in this build, or I've been living a groundhog day over and over. One day it's "I have an idea about thing that totally may not work" and the next it's "okay, it's in and I put a few hundred/thousand miles on it". Kudos, or whatever you kids eat on the other coast...this is impressive stuff.

I sometimes wonder if there's a time machine involved in this build, or I've been living a groundhog day over and over. One day it's "I have an idea about thing that totally may not work" and the next it's "okay, it's in and I put a few hundred/thousand miles on it". Kudos, or whatever you kids eat on the other coast...this is impressive stuff.

Lack of dealing with snow, flooding and constant yard/farm work probably helps with that.

Haha...true! Thanks, mopar, for giving me even MORE reasons to cite when my friends ask why I haven't gotten ANYTHING done on my projects. "dang varmint kids, snow, yardwork..." I feel better already!

Soon! I am very fortunate as far as weather goes. However my occupation is a hd diesel tech so I work on vehicles all day, so it does get extremely tiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back