• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Lol yeah worst comes to worst I change it, its not like its hard to to. Plus I can see how dirty the fluid is/isnt now :lol:

So I was thinking of getting a set of fixed backs for this thing, but its not going to be a race car. Too cool to molest that way in my opinion, Ill save that fate for a poor 244 or something. I saw these and they look nice...
soloracerdotcom_2151_5949346

opinions?

Corbeaus are hot, and they make a Volvo-specific bracket-I've been thinking about going that route with my 244 when I get a little cash flow. Go for it, I say.

I have heard they aren't so comfortable. Never sat in them myself though. I love my 03 WRX seats.

get some cheap seats out of a 90's japanese car. eamonn found some out of some toyota(i think) and man do they feel good compared to a volvo seat.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they make the GTSII anymore. They are what I was thinking about getting but I couldn't find em so I went with a set of old Recaros and get them recovered.

I have heard they aren't so comfortable. Never sat in them myself though. I love my 03 WRX seats.

If they're the ones Eric (badvlvo) has in his 244, I absolutely loved 'em. Held me in perfectly when he was fooling around in the car, but I guess I'd have to ride in them more to see what they're like to DD.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they make the GTSII anymore. They are what I was thinking about getting but I couldn't find em so I went with a set of old Recaros and get them recovered.

soloracer lists them for ~300 a piece. So I assumed they were

So whats the overall consensus of these seats? I've read several reviews, it seems like they are ok for the price but don't expect Recaro quality. It sucks there are not more presentable DD sport seats on the market. I don't want a fixed back racing seat right now.

Haven't ordered them yet, I'm going to try to before carlisle. I'm trying to get all the stuff together to turbo it first.

Made a pull a part run to winston this morning and came out with a set of fogs! Found them on a '82 Jetta Diesel. One of the lenses was busted, but I have another on the way. Exact same bosch ones as volvo installed and not bad for $15.
DSC00922.jpg

Shorty antenna is because I'm currently using an 850 mast in an aftermarket 240 antenna motor. It works, it just doesn't go down all the way so hopefully I can nab one of those at the yard soon.

Also picked up an A/C switch to wire the low speed on my fan to :cool:
DSC00923-1.jpg

I'm going to have far too many switches :rofl:. On the hunt for an antenna switch now.

I also pulled out those stupid ****ing rear headrests. All up in my rear view mirror, tacky, uncomfortable, etc. They suck.

Yeah I saw the light I guess. I rocked them because they serve some practical purpose, but the discomfort to passengers and their looks just don't cut it.

No huge updates, but some things are happening before Carlisle. I moved the main and fuel pump relays from the engine bay to the pass kick panel. This cleaned things up ALOT behind the battery, anything helps. The engine bay isnt going to be totally clean until I build the engine and re-wire the car fully, but this is the best its been so far. My ghetto fab catch can was also installed and can be glimpsed in the top left corner. It was originally for a go-kart, but it will suffice for now.

DSC00976-1.jpg

I also mounted up a set of 205/55/15 Yokohama S-drives, the Michelins I had on there were found in my barn and one had a manufacture date on it from 1987. So I figured it would be a good idea to get these on before Carlisle. The car had also gotten downright dangerous in the rain prior to the new tires.

DSC00975-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back