• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How much boost on flat top pistons?

Yeah numb-nuts, and mordern fuels and tuning allow you to run higher compression with higher boost, making a much better daily driver.

Of course your error margin goes way down with higher compression, but something tells me OP isn’t making lots of power anyway.

Dynod 257hp to the wheels at 18psi, did not Dyno at 24psi. Something tells me you're a whiny little know nothing Dunning-Kruger incel hater. And gas is pretty inconsistent. Go ask your fiancee, whoops I mean girlfriend what she thinks about it.

He knows he is, but what are we?
I feel like I'm back in class already "he said it so i said, it, and if I get in trouble I'll tell the principal"
And that always does what they expect.

And now, back to actual theory and building and blowing **** up.

Except for the fact that 'modern' gas is crap.
Except for it?s not. And we have ways of knowing exactly what the content is and exactly what is happening inside the engine in each gas (except I guess OP doesn?t know)
Dynod 257hp to the wheels at 18psi, did not Dyno at 24psi. Something tells me you're a whiny little know nothing Dunning-Kruger incel hater. And gas is pretty inconsistent. Go ask your fiancee, whoops I mean girlfriend what she thinks about it.
Nice, a stock 2.0 turbo Chevy equinox produces similar power and runs on 87 octane. Learn how to tune your car and it won?t blow up. Sub 300whp b21 with M rods and aftermarket pistons, and you *still* blew it up. Find another hobby or pay a real tuner.

Except for it?s not. And we have ways of knowing exactly what the content is and exactly what is happening inside the engine in each gas (except I guess OP doesn?t know)

And you are checking the content and exactly what is happening each fill-up..:oops:
Right...:roll:

Nice, a stock 2.0 turbo Chevy equinox produces similar power and runs on 87 octane. Learn how to tune your car and it won?t blow up. Sub 300whp b21 with M rods and aftermarket pistons, and you *still* blew it up. Find another hobby or pay a real tuner.

Well for once you're on to something..The GM Ecotec 2,0 turbo is exactly the same 86mm bore and 86mm stroke with the exact same cylinder head design and configuration as the Redblock: Just look at the similarities!

s-l1600.jpg

Brilliant put down! I bet he's field-stripping and cleaning his AK..:oogle:

But wait...why does the simplest routine maintenance jobs you undertake need 150-200 posts here in order for you do ruin things???

Isn't there a forum somewhere where you can get the help you need?:oops::oops:

Not to mention the centrally located spark plug and better feel injection and ignition systems. Other than that, they are almost identical in that they both have four cylinders.

Your version of this hobby involves viral rocks and pennies in the valve train videos and posting unwanted and poorly informed opinions. Go polish your gun, it will keep you warm and abate some of your tiny penis insecurity complex.

There's plenty of G80 swap information available, why are you wasting bandwidth with your feeble post? Search noob.

Your version of this hobby involves viral rocks and pennies in the valve train videos and posting unwanted and poorly informed opinions. Go polish your gun, it will keep you warm and abate some of your tiny penis insecurity complex.

There's plenty of G80 swap information available, why are you wasting bandwidth with your feeble post? Search noob.

My version of this hobby includes not having rods hanging out of the block.

(yet)

I can still get 100+ octane gas right out of the pump at a local Chevron. It is expensive as heck. That said, on race night, it is just what you need.

I can still get 100+ octane gas right out of the pump at a local Chevron. It is expensive as heck. That said, on race night, it is just what you need.

^ :nod:

I used to buy 100 octane race gas for $5/ gal [ $11.92 in today's dollars] at a 24 hour member only fueling station back in the mid 80's for the 70 145.

Smoothed out the idle, it pulled like a race horse from a stop, and flew up the hill to Tahoe like nobody's business.

Your version of this hobby involves viral rocks and pennies in the valve train videos and posting unwanted and poorly informed opinions. :nancy:Go polish your gun, it will keep you warm and abate some of your tiny penis insecurity complex.:oops:

Excuse me....where's the "like" button?:pat:

If your time is worth anything, just put some good fuel and a good tune in it and send it. You can take a stock ft engine pretty far.

And if we're talking ecotec turbo engines, I've put enough pistons in them under warranty to safely say it's not a great idea to run them on 87 octane and not pay attention to their crap transmission strategies that lock the converter up in high gear and low rpm, load the engine up and send the ring lands out in pieces with the next oil change.

Last edited:
If your time is worth anything, just put some good fuel and a good tune in it and send it. You can take a stock ft engine pretty far.

And if we're talking ecotec turbo engines, I've put enough pistons in them under warranty to safely say it's not a great idea to run them on 87 octane and not pay attention to their crap transmission strategies that lock the converter up in high gear and low rpm, load the engine up and send the ring lands out in pieces with the next oil change.
It's a B23F not FT. I read about the ecotec engines self destructing and they sell enough pistons that they're only $22.00ea.

if they're DI engines, the makeup of engine oil also plays heavily into low speed knock.

Back