• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Reproduction flathoods

The “turbobricks doesn’t have money” trope is a carry over from last decade. There’s multiple $20k+ builds on here all the time now. Doesn’t fix the economy of scale problem though.

Carbon fiber, nice panel gaps, strong mounting points. Don't waste time getting the weave to line up, as GTJordan hinted at, it should be painted to last. Bling guys will have to open the hood to show off their CF.

I'd be looking for something paintable.

Get the hood from ACM. Their carbon hood is $720 USD plus freight. That's less than $1k to your door.
Their cheaper "race mounting" hood in fiber glass is only $180 plus freight.

https://www.acm.se/en/category/engine-hood-23

I can't compete with their price, I don't work for $15/hr:
A decent fiberglass s-glass hood would be $600-800.
Solid CF would be at least double.

Race-grade hoods, I can do those for cheaper but still not at ACM prices...

Probably because people don't pack things properly. It is a huge PITA to pack a hood for shipping. I needed a second person to pack the flathood I shipped.

I thought greyhound didn't want to ship hoods anymore? You don't need it to crate, that would be incredible amount of work for very little benefit. You can have a custom box made but you probably have to buy at least 10(at least in my area) and of course a box of that size won't be cheap so pointless either way you look at it. ACM is definitely the way to go. I would assume they would pack it decently. Or do a group buy and have them shipped in a shipping container. Like the saying goes, you got to pay to play.

Get the hood from ACM.
You can try but be prepared if their service hasn't improved lately. Several people, myself included, have not gotten any reply to emails and if you make an order, you won't even get an order confirmation.

Early this year a friend ordered engine parts with over $1k plus shipping. No contact of any kind. After a couple of months and emails trying to make contact he took the money back(Paypal payment).

I would have ordered a set of doors, etc. but:-(

Back