• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare -976 Ecu hates Chipping

swizzy

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know why nobody offers chips for the 0 280 000 976 Ecu?
It's in my '96 Lpt together with a 219ezk.
The chips i had caused stalling/idle issues and ran lean under boost -> stayed in closed loop.

Mods:
016amm in 012/3" housing
green giants 440cc/42lb injectors
20T
TTV/240mm Clutch
3" downpipe-stock cat-2.5" exhaust

Greetings from Switzrland
Janis

Do you have the stock chip? I'd read that and then modify the stock bin. Or put in 984 modified bin. Or 967. Something close number wise should be lh 2.4.4 later bin type. Other problem I see is your 3 in AMM and your injector size. I'd up the injectors to 550cc's what I run with 3 inch tube with 016 guts in it with gasoline. 750cc with 3 inch amm and E85. No lean problem here with stock chip.

Quick fix put stock 016 back in and try that with 440's.

Thanks guys for the quick reply!
I put the stock chip back in and it runs fine, doesn't like boost that much though.
3000rpm - 12psi - afrs at 12.8/1 should be a bit richer to be safe!
if someone makes chips for this ecu then i think it shouldn't be a problem with the injectorsize.

Hi, this is indeed rare version. If you find a way to read the stock chip, we can take a look and provide an XDF for TunerPro. This is likely one of the last versions with finer emission friendly tunes and maybe immobilizer responder.

Thanks guys for the quick reply!
I put the stock chip back in and it runs fine, doesn't like boost that much though.
3000rpm - 12psi - afrs at 12.8/1 should be a bit richer to be safe!
if someone makes chips for this ecu then i think it shouldn't be a problem with the injectorsize.

actually... that's not tooo bad. it would be nice if it was a little fatter. is it leaning out further the higher you go, or getting richer? You could put the stock amm back on there...

Hey guys,
forgot to reply. i'll get into ostrich tuning as soon as i got time.
i wanted the car to run properly, so i ordered stoni's chip and bought a real -012 maf.
The car runs with afr's at 12.5:1 with 15psi of boost and 100okt. fuel.

Thanks guys!

Hi Simon,
i'll and have talked about it with ipdown!
the problem is that i need time until october..will get to you when i'm not that busy anymore.

cheers

Back