• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Are those the steelies that summit racing and jegs sells? I have one of them sitting in my garage left-over from my aborted 142 project. If so, I may complete the set and they may make an appearance on my 242. :D

Quick question: Are those the steelies that summit racing and jegs sells? I have one of them sitting in my garage left-over from my aborted 142 project. If so, I may complete the set and they may make an appearance on my 242. :D

Thanks! They are just cheap steelies off summit racing

Got the wheels and tires on the car,they are cragar 17x7s wrapped in continental extreme contacts 225/45/17

<reading comprehension much?>

Messed with it a bit today, the dump pipe for the wastegate is done. Also I installed the Amazon racing catch can. Mostly just to keep the vapors down and so the car doesn't stink inside when driven. I have the catch can routed to the front of the airfilter. Should work great

Also I got a super nice aem boost referenced meth kit for the car. Hopefully I will have that finished tomorrow. Then time to drive the pig!

Did you have to trim the fender lips in the rear for the tires?

My Charger steelies are 17x7, ET22 and they're interfering pretty badly, due to the wider rear end. I noticed that the Summit steelies are 17x7 ET38. I already have a driveshaft made, so I can't really shorten my lower trailing arms. So now I am looking for higher offset wheels. These would help me gain 16mm of clearance, but I'm just looking to see if you can share any insight to their fitment.

I cut the lip in my last 242, this one I rented a roller and it worked flawlessly, I'd do that again over trimming any day. Look in my projects thread there's a few pictures but it allowed me to fit 9" wide bbs lm with room to spare

I cut the lip in my last 242, this one I rented a roller and it worked flawlessly, I'd do that again over trimming any day. Look in my projects thread there's a few pictures but it allowed me to fit 9" wide bbs lm with room to spare

Did you use the same Crager steelies with an 8.8 rear end?

Got the meth nozzle installed and I had a odd issue with the uncapped injectors, I had number 4 short and it effectively killed the whole bank intermittently. Luckily I had a bunch of gift cards with Amazon so I sprung for a set of deka 80s and the car runs much better

I'm running a 10mm spacer in the back and it clears still you could get away with not doing it and have more room

Ah, that changes things! So your offset is effectively only -6mm from what I've got now. And it shows how much the shortened trailing arms really help.

Great work, I can't wait to see and hear the car in person.

Lol we will see how many joyrides will happen. The Davis trip will most likely be a shake down drive. Half tempted have my friend drive it up while I tune it a bit. Would like to get it on the rollers before Davis but that probably won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back