• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which seals, gaskets etc should be genuine Volvo

OldGrandpaTune

The Road Warrior
Got a motor with 94K on it that came with AC compressor, turbo, injectors and the rest. It is little dirty, but no major leaks and everything looks great.

I am pretty familiar with seals like the distributor, flame trap and other things, but have not done the lower end before and am doing a complete rebuild. Aside from the crank seals which seem kind of obvious are there other things that have be from the dealer?

Also, are any brands of gasket sets better than others? I see a few at Rock Auto and FCP Euro.

elring for RMS for sure tighter fit than Volvo's ime remove hsg ,use arbor press to install. Others elring as well is my preference

Good deal thanks!

I was going to use the permatex that used to seal between halves of my VW bus block, but will look into the stuff mentioned above.

I used Timken seals for the first time just a few days ago . Much tighter fit than Elring on the aux, front main, and can seals. I also used a dab of honda bond on them as well, probably not necessary though.

Back