• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

RICA are a (very) well established brand. The problem with them seems to be that their power claims for the FWD stuff are...basically...made up. Apart from that, they seem like a good product.

Unless you have the ability to re-map the Motronic ECU, I would ditch Motronic apart from on a standard car. Off the shelf chips for it appear to mean (as JR-66 says) poor economy, bad emissions...AND the thing still doesn't fuel correctly on-boost. It's (early) 80s technology. Throw it away ;-)

cheers

James

afaik Boris is swapping to LH 2.4 sometime this year with the M90 swap. I have a complete 940 turbo wiring loom here and some other bits and pieces waiting for him hehe.

Then it is probably done right.

Fingers crossed

Then it should be good, we have here problems with motronic chips, B200ET is not common in other countries and some tuners offers B230ET chips for those, it works but economy, well its not there anymore, and it fails on emission tests too.

Even if it clicks it still might not work properly, contacts worn eventually out, I have opened quite many of those. You should also check earth contacts near the motronic unit, CIS unit earths it self there.

I have not cleared the earths near the ECU unit, other earths on the car have been cleaned a while ago (had many issue's like light on, wiper goes on ect :lol:)

The cis unit earth i am not sure, is it located next to the battery like the wiper/lights too?

RICA are a (very) well established brand. The problem with them seems to be that their power claims for the FWD stuff are...basically...made up. Apart from that, they seem like a good product.

Unless you have the ability to re-map the Motronic ECU, I would ditch Motronic apart from on a standard car. Off the shelf chips for it appear to mean (as JR-66 says) poor economy, bad emissions...AND the thing still doesn't fuel correctly on-boost. It's (early) 80s technology. Throw it away ;-)

cheers

James

Yes i agree but i got motronic, a chip and need for boost NOW :lol: so yeah gonna work this out but i will go LH soon seems like parts are harder to get anyway for motronic

afaik Boris is swapping to LH 2.4 sometime this year with the M90 swap. I have a complete 940 turbo wiring loom here and some other bits and pieces waiting for him hehe.

Yes sir, although a 240 loom should be nicer to work with from what i heard, but i am sure you wanna help me with the 940 loom right :lol:

Nice car! ;)

Thanks, i like your ride too.. even more that grill hehe but you knew that already :-D

probably can get you a 240 loom too, would be easier yeah.

Good to hear, i like less work when possible, but about the M90 part. I am going to do the upgrade when i come back from the UK.
My clutch kit arrived there already so I'm taking it back and use the old flywheel, when doing the upgrade i guess I'll have to find a LH2.4 one.

I was driving/racing down the "highway" when my gearbox made another funny noise and i could not get it out of the second gear without using my both hands and really smashing it in the 4th gear.. now i usually don't mind smashing and pushing my way till i get there but with a gearbox that baby doest fly for me :lol:

The Sachs clutch kit i brought back from the UK:

Sachs kitnr:4000 874 001
Clutch: 186 246 8031
Pressure plate: 3082 204 033
Release bearing: 3151 189 031

(from what i get from the M90 topic is that only the pressure plate seems to be the correct one..)

And here's me in the london underground with the "new" spoiler. Who would have though that having a clutch kit in the luggage and a spoiler the size of a volvo would suck to transport :-P

I wanna thanks some of the UK brickers helping me out with getting the parts to my hotel and drinking the night away till we get kicked out.. good times boys! :) dont mind hitting me up when in the Netherlands so i can at least return the favor and get some beers!

Last edited:
The Sachs clutch kit i brought back from the UK:

I wanna thanks some of the UK brickers helping me out with getting the parts to my hotel and drinking the night away till we get kicked out.. good times boys! :) dont mind hitting me up when in the Netherlands so i can at least return the favor and get some beers!

Only if your bring a hearse for me :p

Only if your bring a hearse for me :p

There are some nice hearses for sale here, the 940 Turbo 2Km from my house doesn't look bad at all! too bad we don't have 4000 euro's

wat moet je met een lijkwagen ?

We'll for some odd reason she like hearses, at least volvo is cool enough to be build in many forms.. hehe i think it would be pretty funny to tune the **** out of something like that. And then race the ricers with that :oogle::rofl:

Though i much rater get a stretched limo 700 series and put some carputers and big tft screens in it, and a bar, and a dancing pole and a pool ect

Boris, if you pick up the 960 doors, ask for the stretched 145 ... it's 30 cm longer then a normal one is. eyssej must like it :p

You just need tot tint the windows thats all, and you can have some sexy-time in it :lol:

What kind of spoiler did you took home?

940 Sedan spoiler OEM in white.. seems like it doesn't want to fit the 760 easy (too round and a bit short.. not sure what i am gonna do with it now)

Boris, if you pick up the 960 doors, ask for the stretched 145 ... it's 30 cm longer then a normal one is. eyssej must like it :p

You just need tot tint the windows thats all, and you can have some sexy-time in it :lol:

oh i need to see that, no clue yet on the date for picking those up.. wonder if the lighted switches are still in that 960 though

The lighted switches are in almost everything from the late 90s...400s, 940s, 960s...even 850s (although those are soldered together...at least in the central panel). I 'upgraded' the 360 to those a number of years ago.

Edit: Assuming you're talking about electric window switches...

cheers

James

There are some nice hearses for sale here, the 940 Turbo 2Km from my house doesn't look bad at all! too bad we don't have 4000 euro's

We'll for some odd reason she like hearses, at least volvo is cool enough to be build in many forms.. hehe i think it would be pretty funny to tune the **** out of something like that. And then race the ricers with that :oogle::rofl:

Though i much rater get a stretched limo 700 series and put some carputers and big tft screens in it, and a bar, and a dancing pole and a pool ect

1. Hearses, are nice because you can "do" and "take" everything in that car.

2. Boris, NIET ME AUTO SLOPEN! ik ken je! don't touch my gearbox.

Back