• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

You need to wath it with speakers that reproduce low frequencies well.

I was able to replicate it without shifting gear by doing a full boost pass in 3rd. Sounds like sumpfin' needs adjustment down there...

kinda sounds like its stuttering and or learching after a shift or when you let off and its clunking something below

New center mount improved things. Trans mount is still very floppy so that's getting replaced next.

you fill the bushing with rtv?

Nah. Ripping all of that **** out in favor of a Tremec in 4 months.

:lol:

They wouldn't match your faded out 37 year old paint anyway.

Not even close, and they'd want to shoot 2 stage anyway...

I cut it every so often, so the parts that have never seen light of day are about the same color as the exterior. Also, there are people that do single stage around here :ninja:

To distract myself from the crushing disappointment of not getting to run the Dingleblock, I retrofitted some better speakers and cleared some room in the garage.

On to speakers, I had some crappy 4" sealed back mids. Decided it was time to put my 6" C2s, and to put the tweeters in the stock speaker location. Had to remove the map pockets...not too broken up about them. They are useless anyway.

The thin sheet of Dynamat did away with the worst of the door rattles and road noise. The duct tape shockingly did help a bit too (I did that a couple months ago):

Measure twice, cut four times

And done

Out of the 460 sq ft of garage, I was left with about 323 sq ft for both cars. Made do, but the central heater of the house gets in the way of the driver's door. Maybe I should not back the 242 in place...

Bonus...got into a fight with a hole saw... Mildly NSFW below. You've been warned.

Last edited:
Looks like you won!

Hope your healing goes well and I appreciate the ongoing work you complete. Keep it up and congrats on the house!

J

A recommendation from my experience, paint everything in the garage white right now. I kept saying I'd do it next month, now 7 years later I haven't done it. I painted a few sections and it makes a world of difference. Making some built to fit shelves for that right side will make better use of the space too. Go check out garagejournal.com...be prepared to get lost for hours.

A recommendation from my experience, paint everything in the garage white right now. I kept saying I'd do it next month, now 7 years later I haven't done it. I painted a few sections and it makes a world of difference. Making some built to fit shelves for that right side will make better use of the space too. Go check out garagejournal.com...be prepared to get lost for hours.

Thanks Mike! We are budgeting getting drywall, paint, insulation, lighting, and flooring. Storage next year hopefully. The reused kitchen cabinetry is not long for this place.

You should come over for a beer sometime.

Back