• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 5.0, September 25-29, 2019

So planning the drive for this year...last year was about 110 miles/3.5 hours. I think that felt a little long.

I keep saying that I'm gonna spend more time relaxing on Saturday one of these years, and I think this year will be it. Planning on a 50-60 mile route that just hits some stuff closer to the lodge.

That cool?

Honestly had a blast with the off-road crew last year... we could have been out for 6 hours and still felt short to me.

Last year I did it on my way home on Sunday, along with Wayah Bald. I will likely do so again this year if you care to join.

You should take Highway 28 from Franklin to 74 this year. I think 28 is a better driving road than Wayah, but they're both great in their own ways.

How far is tail of the dragon from the lodge?

It's not really worth the drive over there. Three years ago we did a long loop that included the dragon and we drove for about 9 hours. Plus the dragon was, as suspected, way to ****ing busy because it was Saturday. It's fun to do once but don't believe the hype.

It's not really worth the drive over there. Three years ago we did a long loop that included the dragon and we drove for about 9 hours. Plus the dragon was, as suspected, way to ****ing busy because it was Saturday. It's fun to do once but don't believe the hype.

That's what Kyle said too. I will heed the advice of the locals and experienced.

How does everyone feel about exactly one mile of hard-packed, well-maintained gravel road on the drive? There's a phenomenal road in the Cashiers area, but for some reason, there's one mile in the middle that's unpaved.

Most of the way out the group was following some guy casually cruising on a Harley who would not let us by. The return pass was a bit better.

Got a nice route mapped out, about the same distance as last year, 100ish miles. Waterfall stop we haven't been to before, some great backroads y'all haven't been on before. Should be a good one.

How does everyone feel about exactly one mile of hard-packed, well-maintained gravel road on the drive? There's a phenomenal road in the Cashiers area, but for some reason, there's one mile in the middle that's unpaved.

On that note, does anybody want to do some faux rally driving? I've always wanted to hit gravel with 4 wheels.

Edit: If there are any good gravel sections.

Back