• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bad ass volvo 240 Convertible

F_Jacobsson

What you guys think of our SommerCar?

skarmbreddning21.jpg

me and my friend dident have so much to do about 2years ago so we buited this :D

//Fredrik

Tires...

A few years ago here in Europe that was the style...

I like the look, but it screams Polaris... How bad is the body flex? I see that the doors were welded shut... Did you add extra support under the car to make up for not having a roof?

I've always thought a convertable 240 would be a real show stopped if done right...

Chad

greenteagod said:
Well it's certainly got something to do with ass. The stretched tire look is pretty disgusting. Other than that props for making a convertable.

its the rage now in the import scene in the US now

I hate the rims but that think is awsome looking :)

And what color paint is that? primer!?

Change the rims and you've got yourself a super sweet ride.

ive seen alot of convertable 240's on the web. do you think you really would have to support the underside more. I always thought about welding in a rear support kinda like a roll cage type deal then making it convertable. that should give it the support.
I would love to have a volvo convertable though. !! im surprised the guys in cali havnt already had a bunch of them. cali peeps always seem to come up with cool mess.

I LIKE IT THOUGH!

rims/tires suck, throw the ones on your car now on it, and put the other ones back on your car.

the front end looks good, but you could also change the side mirrors. i don't know what they look like, but it's funny to me

hot car though. my birthday's coming up, wanna ship it to me :-P

I nearly did this to my 242. This was before we were forced to move from the house with the garage. From 140 160 and 240 converts I've seen you have to weld a lot of metal into the door sills right where the map pockets go. A large steel box essentially. Right now I have a red 242 convertable with a california plate as my desktop background. I got the pic from a volvo bertone site and there is absolutely no info about it.

Back