• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

89 Volvo LM7 engine swap Drift Project

Since last update, the front had four coils removed, cut front jeep coils in the rear to get me by till I can get some coiover sleeves, and a fathood with haggered gt pain on it.

First drift event the car held up good to the abuse, anyways, some pics that make it look like I know how to drive.

2814_101522640026_619590026_2954825_6531112_n.jpg

2814_101522645026_619590026_2954826_8349349_n.jpg

Mods and changes list so far

-91 sr20det complete swap
-syntec 10w30
-92ish dohc 240sx chassis and interior wiring harness from front to rear
-custom motor/tranny supports
-custom front section of drive shaft
-s14 radiator and electric fan
-flexalite thermostatic fan control
-3 inch rear exit with 2 resonators
-ACT hd street full face clutch
-stock diff welded
-dual stock rear swaybars
-gutted interior
-optima redtop in trunk
-large npr intercooler
-cut jeep coils(rear)
-moroso catch can
-autometer egt
-innovate lc-1 wideband
-pa boost gauge
-Full race spec bucket seat
-Short Throw shifter
-AFPR
-Strut and chassis braces
-Custom motor mounts(hockey pucks)
-Adjustable panard
-Modded torque rods
-Power steering cooler
-Coleman Racing coil over kits(front)
-SS 400 lb springs
-Saab sensatrac inserts and shortened struts
-Sparco 3in, 5pt harnesses
-Shadow Razzi lip

updated December/09

might be more I can't think of, some will be changed, and lots will be added.

Needed to get a list somewhere before I hit my head and can't remember or something

Last edited:
Went to an 1/8th mile drag race session tonight, one of those (come race here instead of the street) things.

best run was a 9.97 @ 74.68mph

On old winter tires and 9psi of boost

Was pulling on most of the cars there. Been going to these things for a couple years and this is the first car where i actually won more races then lost races. Felt good for a change :-P

needs some rims and moar flat black, i love your car! lookin good awsome seeing a volvo drifting more and more people are starting to do it. god job and the pics look great!

what did you do for a rearend? is the stocker welded? thats what i ended up doing. i always blew them otherwise.

The airdam is a Razzi made for a dodge shadow. I see the tilting, and it kinda bugs me, but hey, it's only zap-straps.

The rearend is indeed just a welded stocker. I've done lots of burnouts and clutch kicks and hard shifts at the dragstip and it hasn't broken yet(knock on wood):-P

Thanks for the compliments, theres a import car show this weekend, should be interesting to get some ricer kids opinions and see some reactions.

Oh, and the front lip gets the car looks form lotsa girls, probly guys to, but I'm not worried about them. Then again, a kid with down syndrome gets lotsa looks too.

The airdam is a Razzi made for a dodge shadow. I see the tilting, and it kinda bugs me, but hey, it's only zap-straps.

The rearend is indeed just a welded stocker. I've done lots of burnouts and clutch kicks and hard shifts at the dragstip and it hasn't broken yet(knock on wood):-P

Thanks for the compliments, theres a import car show this weekend, should be interesting to get some ricer kids opinions and see some reactions.

Oh, and the front lip gets the car looks form lotsa girls, probly guys to, but I'm not worried about them. Then again, a kid with down syndrome gets lotsa looks too.

you wont blow that diff then if its welded. unless the welds break. you might break a axle if your getting lots of grip in a tight corner. i never broke one i love my welded diff so far its been two years.

Back