• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

YASVT (Yet Another Sixteen Valve Turbo) - now 16V Whiteblock (LS)

That wouldn't help this issue - there's no problem with the alternator. I ran a long test wire from the alternator and briefly touched it to the positive terminal while I watched the system voltage, and saw it immediately jump from 12.3 to 13.6. It's just something flaky going on in the cluster.

I'm on the lookout for an L33 and a Nissan trans, I'm going to slowly start acquiring big parts for the swap, I've been getting small parts for a while now.

Skip the nissan trans and get a TKO 5 speed

And as a guy with a functioning TKO, skip the TKO and get a T56 ;)

It ain't bad - and the White Lightning shifter rocks, after the first week I got the 2-3 shift down pat (it's really a lot like a Miata) - but 3.73*.63 is just a hair much OD around town and a hair not enough on the highway.

It ain't bad - and the White Lightning shifter rocks, after the first week I got the 2-3 shift down pat (it's really a lot like a Miata) - but 3.73*.63 is just a hair much OD around town and a hair not enough on the highway.

Most people on this board cant afford a T56 unless its ragged out. a TKO 5 speed is budget worthy

I'm starting to understand why people end up sticking a 4L80E in.

Nissan trans seems like a fairly cheap alternative that people have managed to run lots of HP through. I think I'll give that a try.

The 16V is back together and working fine, mind you!

Although last time I was driving it, it was doing some occasional weird lean swings. The engine verified that it was going lean, it felt a bit weak, then it would swing back down to normal. Lean reading due to misfire? Fuel pressure shens? Not sure. When I got home I was trying to see if the fuel pressure was doing anything funny (mechanical gauge under the hood) but it didn't seem to be. Yeah, always something.

I had TS running, nothing was doing anything strange on the main gauge panel when this was happening. If I put my foot down when it was doing a lean swing, it would clear up right away (which made me think it wasn't fuel pressure related).

Of what flavor? Dodge Challenger? Corvette? Mustang Shelby GT-500? Cadillac CTS-V? The Challenger had a .050 6th gear so I guess that the Cadillac's .063 would be slightly better?

corvette. The CTS-v and camaro variant have a detached shifter and guibo. The corvette version has a built into the trans shifter putting it in the right position. Depending what corvette you get yo could be screwed since the newer corvette 6060 has a transaxle which wouldn't do us any good.

I would prefer the wider gearing with the .50 6th

corvette. The CTS-v and camaro variant have a detached shifter and guibo. The corvette version has a built into the trans shifter putting it in the right position. Depending what corvette you get yo could be screwed since the newer corvette 6060 has a transaxle which wouldn't do us any good.

I would prefer the wider gearing with the .50 6th
Wot - s/Corvette/Camaro? All C5 and C6 'vettes have transaxles...

AFAIK, all the factory TR-6060 applications use remote shifters and guibos. Seems like it'd be fairly simple to make a 2pc driveshaft that uses the guibo and modify a remote shifter to the appropriate position, but I haven't looked at it in person or measured. The "T56 Magnum" box uses TR-6060 guts, has a turret-style shifter, and puts it in a good place for 240s.

<- Another vote for F-body Camaro ratios - .5 6th for highway cruising and .75ish for in-town.

yea, 4.10 or 3.90 is a must for a tko600 from my experience

I forget what ratio my FoMoCo 8.8 axle has. It has a 3.73 in it now, but I'm going to put the 8.8 in with the V8.

Well that looks like trouble. Sticking with the 16V theme,
just going white block.

It a Gen 4 LH8 (from a Hummer H3). No DOD/VVT/AFM, but Gen 4 rods.
IMG_20171128_103706_zpsonfaos0r.jpg

I'm not sure if I will be able to use the oil pan on it or not. I think the Hummer pans are used a lot in swaps into old cars that need small rear sumps, but it might be a little too tall still.

OILPAN_HUMMER.jpg

Last edited:
Back