• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Its raining and I'm stalling

plantto

100+
Well today it is raining and I just stopped at a place and the idle started going eratic then it died took alittle bit to get it going again, but is still doing the same. This happened to me once before when I went to get an automatic car was with the underbody wash and my car stalled and I couldn't get it started for like 15 mins then is idled eraticly for a while then it just worked itself out.. So could something be getting wet that isnt supposed to be.

Thats what I figured it was its all running fine again. It sucked before when it stalled in the car wash it doesnt look good when your pushing your car out of the car wash.

This happens to me in my VW all the time (happened on the way to the IKEA meet, but it wasn't a simple fix then). Easiest way to prevent it is to put a piece of electrical tape around where the cap and rotor seal near the bolts and things. That fixed my problem in my VW, but im not sure how easy it would be in a redblock

it's actually quite a common problem with these, no one knows just exactly HOW the water gets in there, but it does. this is loki's revenge.

Uh!!uh! I know...This happened to me too and the culprit is the stupid windshield nozzle. Mine had a tiny hole which allowed water to sip in and it's directly above the dizzy. So, a big wad of silicone did the trick!!!

Back