• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

After some touristy endeavors, went back to the shop to do works. Brought my camera.
DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

Wastegate port and welding the T3 flange are all that's left.

Say... this jig.. is it made for filling the header with gas so the inside of the neat gets nice ?

Last time i looked someone over the shoulders welding a header, he put it in a bathtube filled with gas to weld it through... he didnt want to tell me what gas... but i believe it was heavier than air ;)

Last edited:
Say... this jig.. is it made for filling the header with gas so the inside of the neat gets nice ?

Last time i looked someone over the shoulders welding a header, he put it in a bathtube filled with gas to weld it through... he didnt want to tell me what gas... but i believe it was heavier than air ;)

yes there is a nipple on each runner where a hose goes to it. It's called backpurging, and it allows the inside of the weld to also have shielding gas ran to it so that it's not contaminated with oxygen

as always nice work. what schedule on the manifold?
It should be done today. ;-) 10
Danggg is that head flange 1/2in or are the pictures decieving?
It's 18mm

Argon.

I dont understand.

Argon
Purity better than 99.99%
Used for TIG and plasma welding as well as a root protection when welding of all metallic materials. No ozone-reducing effect.
Marking; EN ISO 14175-I1-Ar. Group I1

Argon 4.6 (Argon Plus)
Purity better than 99.996%
Used for TIG and plasma welding as well as a root protection upon welding of all material
Argon 4.6 is recommended for welding of extra-sensitive material, where there is a very strict demand for gas purity, such as e.g. titanium and magnesium
No ozone-reducing effect
Marking; EN ISO 14175-I1-Ar. Group I1

From some page on the World Wide Web ;-)

Back