• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

looking over the datalogs, it would appear that on the sprizzle, the 1-2 shift is a bit long. 2-3 was a champ all night, with a little wheel slippage on the last run (couple mph deviation).

Since I've got an event next sunday, I may try to channel my inner 28 year old self and hustle the 400 out for a real fast r&r, as well as inspection of components since I've been abusing the **** out of it this year :-D

GOT IT

if the fb link works.

https://www.facebook.com/cedric.hall.319/videos/1587862048194148/

163161854.jpg

THE THREAD TITLE IS NO LONGER A TARGET IN SPACE YEEEAAAHHHHHH

Congrats!!

Guys here is there souped up Civics are happy when they go under the 10 sec mark on the 1/8!!! :-P

Any plans for a cage ever? Please don't die.

no plans to die. all the goodies from the gold car will get shuffled into the other green wagon starting later this year (or winter/jan depending). I've got a roll cage kit in the shed, 8.8, some other odds and ends.

power wise I'm not sure how much more is in it on the spray. I'll be looking at some other turbo options before long. The holset will stick around though for street car duty at events where I can put it in that class. a low 10/high 9 second street car if it's consistent oughta do pretty good. Other events that we attend will put the car in the stupid fast class, so I'll need a bit more and some luck to go with it.

it's also near a point where I might start to consider making the jump to a glide. I'll hafta weigh the pros and cons.

oh yeah, and bigger valves than stock finally, perhaps different cams and different springs, tho depending, that may wait til the off season. No big plans, just little stuff here and there... direct port instead of single nozzle (fuel distribution), bigger injectors, the usual ****.

Dam man, that car is a beast!! Looks like it has the drivers mod too.. I saw the video and thought it had some trans slippage and wheel spin up to third. I bet with that set up it has a low nine in it if it hooks and doesn't slip.I have been considering a pg after watching the effortless 10 minute rebuild, but for my daily street car -seems a bit much. What are my cage options for my wagon, if you don't mind me asking. I don't want to fabricate much, just bolt in a kit-that's safe and track worthy/approved.

congrats!

is this a stock rear end with a g80? What cams are you running?

1031 welded. FS324 cams.

trans is out, noticed some oddities in the datalogs friday night (but it never felt bad), oddly enough the 1-2 shift that was wierd doesn't seem to point to a problem with the trans. the 2-3 shift that's been champion for years now had some smokeage going on (and a destroyed spring steel that I think actually contributed to that). The forward clutches looked alright except for one steel, but that guy may have been a spare I tossed in up against the piston to take up slack...it was thinner than the rest as well, so that might have had something to do with it.

overall though, not bad considering I've been beating on this thing since feb or so, it's had more passes in the last 60 days than it's had in the previous five years.

Oh well, off to order some more GM HE frictions for a 4L80 and see if there's any little tricks left to do before spending large money on shiny parts.

pulled the pan off, nothing bad down there. just a busted spring steel in the direct drum and premature clutch wear there, the rest of the stacks had some clutch wear but nothing dramatic.

parts ordered, hopefully they'll get here mid week and I can shoot for a thursday night install fest. Depending on weather friday and saturday, I'll test rolling launch mode, play with the boost control a little bit, and get it ready for the roll race event at the track sunday. for better or worse I'll get to run against some fairly high powered (and high dollar) cars, but starting from 30mph will probably take a lot of abuse off the start, but maybe add a bit of a pucker factor up top, we'll see. They say it only adds a few mph to your normal trap speed.

I think at least one of em is at or over 4 digits. Someone will be videoing I'm sure.

but that reminds me, I need to get a charger and battery packs for my gopro.

here's the last list of attendees, I think the count now is up closer to 50 with some hellcats and vipers joining in.
CARS-
1. Victor--Evo 7
2. Kenny--Volvo
3. Rusty--C5
4. Eddie--Mustang
5. Richard--GTR
6. Phil--Miata
7. Edgar--RX7
8. Hussain--ZR1
9. Greg--Viper Gen5
10. Brandon--SRT4
11. Scott--Civic
12. Cody--Viper Gen5
13. Eric--Supra
14. Daniel--GTR
15. Greyson--997 Turbo
16. Kai--Evo X
17. Radley--ZR1
18. Webb--GTR R32
19. Austin--C6 Z06
20. Mike--C5 Z06
21. Larry--GTR
22. Brent--C5
23. Reubin--GTR
24. Nick--Mustang
25. Michelle--Mustang
26. Chad--C6 Z06
27. Joseph--C6 Z06
28. Clay--CTSV
29. Steven--C5 Z06
30. Matthew--WRX Sti
31. Mark--C6
32. Brian--C5 Z06
33. Rain--C6 Z06

BIKES-
1. Jenifer--R1
2. Terry--S1000RR
3. Brandon--ZX10R
4. Truong--GSXR750
5. Jonathan--S1000RR
6. Doug--S1000RR

Last edited:
I think at least one of em is at or over 4 digits. Someone will be videoing I'm sure.

but that reminds me, I need to get a charger and battery packs for my gopro.

here's the last list of attendees, I think the count now is up closer to 50 with some hellcats and vipers joining in.
CARS-
1. Victor--Evo 7
2. Kenny--Volvo
3. Rusty--C5
4. Eddie--Mustang
5. Richard--GTR
6. Phil--Miata
7. Edgar--RX7
8. Hussain--ZR1
9. Greg--Viper Gen5
10. Brandon--SRT4
11. Scott--Civic
12. Cody--Viper Gen5
13. Eric--Supra
14. Daniel--GTR
15. Greyson--997 Turbo
16. Kai--Evo X
17. Radley--ZR1
18. Webb--GTR R32
19. Austin--C6 Z06
20. Mike--C5 Z06
21. Larry--GTR
22. Brent--C5
23. Reubin--GTR
24. Nick--Mustang
25. Michelle--Mustang
26. Chad--C6 Z06
27. Joseph--C6 Z06
28. Clay--CTSV
29. Steven--C5 Z06
30. Matthew--WRX Sti
31. Mark--C6
32. Brian--C5 Z06
33. Rain--C6 Z06

BIKES-
1. Jenifer--R1
2. Terry--S1000RR
3. Brandon--ZX10R
4. Truong--GSXR750
5. Jonathan--S1000RR
6. Doug--S1000RR

FWD!?!?!?

yeah there's an srt4 neon that'll be there too. FWD cars can run full slicks, the rest of us have to run DOT legal tires.

Back