• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mods that are 80's as hell

Bones

So, I'm working on my 1992 740. Doing speed addons at the moment, but I've got my mind on aesthetics. I'm thinking about embracing the 80's. Help me figure out the most 80's / 90s addons for Volvos. Can be tacky wheels, mudflaps, spoilers, decor items, you name it.

So far I'm thinking - square style wing, decor panel, snowscoop, mudflaps, some kind of horrible looking wheel, eggcrate grill, SE kit, and striping - thinking of doing Nordica stripes on my dark blue 740 sedan that go from a dark to a light silver / gunmetal.

Any other sugggestions for making my car rule in the 80's and 90's, but be delightfully tacky today? I particularly need wheel thoughts.

Pictures are always welcome!

Gotta do colorful wheels. Im about to paint my hydras purp or green.

what 80's cars came with purple or green wheels? I think you missed the point of the post.

Get some BBS RS's and the rest of the mods the OP listed = strait 80's

I did white nordica stripes on my beige 244 with white steelies. It also has the rear louvres. It's certainly 80's as hell.

EDIT:
1aa39ebf51df892993be3f7bc13d85165g.jpg

Ralleye dual element windshield wipers.
06-double_wiper_blades-s.jpg

Heartbeat stripe
fire_dept05.gif

Oakley thermonuclear protection decal
Some type of fuzzy animal suction cupped to inside window

I did white nordica stripes on my beige 244 with white steelies. It also has the rear louvres. It's certainly 80's as hell.

EDIT:
1aa39ebf51df892993be3f7bc13d85165g.jpg

hahaha thats ****ing hilarious!! Its not dumb, ive just never seen that before. But seriously, you need headlight protectors, coffin rails, the volvo mudflaps

I might have a strange view of the 80s but:

swap in a carbed 305 chevy motor with a TH350 behind it. those were cool in the 80s.

run big silly all-season tires that have words like 'radial' on the side in white letters.

put in purple window tint.

You need a Kamei bodykit with soft rubber Kamei rear bootlid spoiler and Kamei rear window louvres
You should get one of those red reflectorplates in between the rear lightclusters.
A short black rubber antenna on the rear left fender
You need to paint the car white with white leather interior for that essential Miami Vice look! White mirrors, doorgrips, grill, bumpers, etc everything collormatched in white.
A stereo that has a cassette player ( with digital red or green LED readout, loudness, dolby and auto-reverse on it) and a separate equalizer. No ipod around back then. CD was still very much high end.
The cassetteplayer needs to be removeable.
And some silly 15" Centra rims. (16" is '90's, 17" is '00's, 18" is '09)
And a silly green/orange/purple transparant band stuck on the top edge of the windscreen rocking your CB-callsign on it in big white letters.
And a loud big Turbo-decal on the sides of the car :lol:

that 80's enough for ya? :-P:lol:

yeah mesh wheels, louvers, fake chrome, fake wood, pleather, ground clearance, white letter tires

like the rubber/foam spoiler idea

Fit the old style (pre 89) front and back end. It is a lot more square and 80's like.

Back