• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rob Prince's 242 Resurrection

Hope to see it sometime in the not too distant future. I think it's going to be pretty close to where I live.

Hells no. Cool car but out of my price range.
It actually sold for $7,822 with the auction bump, but yeah. I think the car got what the car was gonna get. I did all I could to bring attention to the auction, definitely tried my hardest, but at the end of the day I needed it gone. I really think it's worth about 10k as it sits, but market says otherwise. :-(

It definitely went to a good home. Car left this morning and went straight to the dyno for a baseline run. Wiring harness is going to be addressed and the owner will likely install a new electromotive stand alone as well as some new go fast bits. Also, the owner is a TB member, although I'm not sure what his name is. He's going to keep the thread updated.

What's up guys this is the owner of the 242, here's what happened ever since I got,

Story: this is Rob Prince 242, took ownership of it back in March 2016, played around with it for a very short time(less than 20 miles) until I had problems with it grounding out. So I set out to go through the car thoroughly from fixing the rear plates that were rusted to redoing every single wire in the car. Currently it been in HP Works since 2016, I sent it there because I heard the guy there is very good in wiring and tunes for Electromotive ECU (which I'm going to be running) so I took it there to completely go through the car and fix everything on it. Unfortunately the guys life been going down hill so progressive was pretty slow. I'm very patient and I really wanted him to finish the car because his job is really good. But unfortunately he passed away (rest in peace). So know I have to take the car away from the shop, next stop is going to be in a buddy of my previous teacher garage. He'll be counting the work on it, and I'll be going there to complete the work that it needs. I really hope I can hear this beast again it been too long. Can't wait..

What actually been done to the car since I got it: new taillights been installed, rear rusty plates been replaced and painted, new fuel cell and pump and sender unit, new fuel lines, connected to new AFPR, the dash is us taken apart, bracket for the data logger is made, the all the fan/heater core stuff been removed, extended Studs been installed in the back, new hella horns been installed, the new body harness been installed and is functional, and the engine harness needs some work been is 80% done. New Electromotive coils in place, new custom intake manifold had to be modified lol to fit (fuel rail was too long, that's what she says lol,) exhaust manifold been heat wrapped. Might be missing a thing or two. A LOT MORE TO COME, have a pile of parts still for the 242 that I need to install.

What's up guys this is the owner of the 242, here's what happened ever since I got,

Story: this is Rob Prince 242, took ownership of it back in March 2016, played around with it for a very short time(less than 20 miles) until I had problems with it grounding out. So I set out to go through the car thoroughly from fixing the rear plates that were rusted to redoing every single wire in the car. Currently it been in HP Works since 2016, I sent it there because I heard the guy there is very good in wiring and tunes for Electromotive ECU (which I'm going to be running) so I took it there to completely go through the car and fix everything on it. Unfortunately the guys life been going down hill so progressive was pretty slow. I'm very patient and I really wanted him to finish the car because his job is really good. But unfortunately he passed away (rest in peace). So know I have to take the car away from the shop, next stop is going to be in a buddy of my previous teacher garage. He'll be counting the work on it, and I'll be going there to complete the work that it needs. I really hope I can hear this beast again it been too long. Can't wait..

What actually been done to the car since I got it: new taillights been installed, rear rusty plates been replaced and painted, new fuel cell and pump and sender unit, new fuel lines, connected to new AFPR, the dash is us taken apart, bracket for the data logger is made, the all the fan/heater core stuff been removed, extended Studs been installed in the back, new hella horns been installed, the new body harness been installed and is functional, and the engine harness needs some work been is 80% done. New Electromotive coils in place, new custom intake manifold had to be modified lol to fit (fuel rail was too long, that's what she says lol,) exhaust manifold been heat wrapped. Might be missing a thing or two. A LOT MORE TO COME, have a pile of parts still for the 242 that I need to install.

I hadn't heard he passed. That's a bummer. Glad to hear you're still sorting the car though, she definitely deserves the attention!

G

Back