• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Can I post my own car? Someone tagged me with this little guy on Saturday...

DSCF2268.jpg

Trying to decide if it's from someone I know in the neighbourhood or just East Van weirdness.

This happened:
photo1-2.jpg

Then this happened:
photo3.jpg

got some tires off CL, the guy was asking $100 but when I emailed him, he said he wanted them gone and would do it for a case of beer. Couldnt say no to that kind of deal...and it turns out one doesnt hold air...

Also, sold the steel sunroof (as seen leaning up against wall in top pic) this morning to a guy whos going to put it in his "hot rodded (insert british car here)" I was asking $20 but I wanted it gone and he gave me this:
photo2-1.jpg

Do places still accept these!? is it worth more than $10 now? hahaha

Trying to decide if it's from someone I know in the neighbourhood or just East Van weirdness.
Money's on East Side weirdness...
Also, sold the steel sunroof (as seen leaning up against wall in top pic) this morning to a guy whos going to put it in his "hot rodded (insert british car here)" I was asking $20 but I wanted it gone and he gave me this:
photo2-1.jpg

Money's on keeping that for a while so it'll be worth more later lol

You can still spend it, but as soon as a bank sees it they'll take it out of circulation and it will go to the shredder. It won't ever be worth anything to a collector though since it's just a beat up old ten. Either keep it for novelty or spend it. You could always check out a coin/stamp shop to see what a minty old $1 or $2 sells for.

There sure are a lot of Volvos in East Van. This is all from one morning I spent around Commercial Drive:

Volvo 164. Shiny.

244 GL

Amazon Coup?

Later on in the week, bought an intercooler (and piping!) from a guy who turned out to be Turbo'd 24erty4er. We met in the Brick Cave, as seen below with two 740 Turbos, one V8 245 and a 940 Turbo. All with E-codes!

Rock on, Vancity!

Oh my god so jealous of your epic Volvo scenery :eek: it's fairly slim pickings around here on a daily basis.

That maroon wagon up there is sexy as hell. So is the 164. You truly don't see that every day. Sigh..

^ I see that green 244 all the time around Strathcona on my way to work. Haven't seen that red wagon though - pretty awesome.

Nice spotting by the way.

Hanging out at kons doesn't count haha. Saw that 164 when I was there Monday to pick up my oop forms. Should have gone thru him first!

Where the hell is "the cave" and who owns those cars??

Haha Kon is cool.... with stock stuff only. Your car all good now? Did you ever get that taillight?

The cave is in Metro Vancouver...ask in person if he shows up at Cates.

So you're the one that scored that intercooler and charge pipes.
I figured it had to be a bricker.
I was second in line...

Way to sell the steel sunroof Rob, nice ten.

That green '78 244 was on Craigslist again recently, for under $500.

The red 164 is one of my favourite local Volvos.

Anyone local need 7/9 glass? I'm going to have to throw this set I have out soon if no one wants it.

Back