• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 muffler dimensions?

Overboosted745

Sofa King
I have 3 700 series turbo's in my driveway but none have a stock rear muffler. I'm looking for the dimensions of the stock 700 series muffler (i.e. length, width, thickness etc). Not so much overall length, just the length of the "body" of the muffler. I searched the usual sources but can't find any info on dimensions.

Thanks.

Overboosted745 said:
I have 3 700 series turbo's in my driveway but none have a stock rear muffler. I'm looking for the dimensions of the stock 700 series muffler (i.e. length, width, thickness etc). Not so much overall length, just the length of the "body" of the muffler. I searched the usual sources but can't find any info on dimensions.

Thanks.

hmm. i know its inlet is off center and outlet is center. anything else is a complete guess

Having been doing some muffler shopping, I just happen to have measured all my stock mufflers recently, all OEM, still with Volvo stamped on them on my 740T...

The cat is 14 inch long, by 8 inch wide, and 4 inch tall.

The first muffler is 16.5 inch long, and 6 inch round or thick.

The final muffler is 16.5 inch long, 8.5 inch wide, and 5 inch tall.

Also worth mentioning is that both the first and second mufflers have a offset inlet.

Back