• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 91 244

240Psycho

still trying
Car was bought used from Biset Volvo in 1991 by my mom, the car only had a thousand miles on it, it was the dealerships loaner car.

Now at 250,000 miles and the original head gasket and transmission, its time to rebuild her.

Last edited:
Mods

things done to it thus far:

-Electric Fan
-IPD sway bars front and rear
-Lower and upper chassis bracing on the front
-removed triangle waits by gas tank
-240 turbo gauges with a vdo 10 bar oil pressure gauge
-big tach
-IPD turbo cam
-CFI injectors
-2.5 exhaust with only 1 magna flow muffler
-255lph fuel pump
-clear tails
-Saab side markers
-15x7 BBS Wheels
-gutted
-Poly bushings (still not all on the car)
-Nissen radiator 3 core
-new Hella Fog lights
-european lights

Last edited:
Those mesh BBS's are mad tite yo! I'd like a set of those too, but I need to focus on the upcoming head work. :twisted:

Hey Kyle, RWC just checking out whats going on in the bricks. I've done a little work on my 88 780 baby since you have seen last, as you know it has the B280F V6 engine in it, I have changed the fan to an electric cooling fan off of a 95/944, made a good bit of difference, also took out the hole air box and put a K&N air filter directley on to the air mass meter, changed the injectors and put a higher fuel pressuse regulator on it, also done a bit of interior work, but got a bot more to do yet. I still plan to install a single T70 turbo charger w/the mega squert, I have drew a blue print to connect the exaust manifold around the back of the engine and mount the turbo on l/f side of the engine where the air box use to be, also want to run 3" pipe from the turbo all the way back.

Hey there my 91 240+T Kyle brother, what exactly did you need and do to put the tranny cooler on there? And, did I read that right? It doesn't run right now?

Also, where'd you get the clear top tails? I'm considering getting them, but I don't know if they'll hold up to DD abuse, and don't know if I want to pay for them when I could be spending that money on other stuff... :) I should be +T-ing here in the next 3-4 months, I mainly just need to figure out an exhaust...

its running now, i put it down for some maintence, hoses, plugs, oil, cleaning.

next week im going to pop its headgasket cherry. thats right. it has the same headgasket as when it left the factory.

I got the clear turns from a guy on here who wrecked his 91 244 the day he got it on the road, so i have no idea where he got them.
'
and the trany cooler came from a 740t at the junkyard. theres a metal line that makes putting the tranny cooler in, very easy.

240Psycho said:
and the trany cooler came from a 740t at the junkyard. theres a metal line that makes putting the tranny cooler in, very easy.
So it was just plug and play with the AW70 and your current radiator and hoses/lines whatever? Or did you drill some stuff and make it work?

klr142 said:
So it was just plug and play with the AW70 and your current radiator and hoses/lines whatever? Or did you drill some stuff and make it work?

Its basicly plug and play, carefull manipulation of the stock hardlines was needed to hook it up. while at the yard or the donar car pull the metal adaptor lines that let it reach from the tranny cooler to the stock tranny cooler lines

Also i have a new plan laid out

im trying to buy this 91 b230ft short block for $100(the yard is closed the one day im off, mondays...its in there for a blown head gasket.

This is what im thinking

Get the block cleaned, decked, and rehone it, use 9.8 pistons and valve relief cut them for the 16v head, new bearings, stock cleaned up 13mm rods. new oil pump.

then drop the ported 8 valve head on with the ipd turbo cam ontop, new sensors all around, new red paint(it is a red block after all) new belts and water pump and seals and gaskets.

Pull the tired old b230F+T out of my car and put this one in with the 90+ exhaust manifold and the super 60 t3 turbo.

then save up for megasquirt and spark. install that on its current set up, then move onto saving up for the 16 valve swap which will be easy since the pistons are already there.

The head:
wMTIxNDM0NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Last edited:
klr142 said:
How's it sit from the side and the back? :-P

By the gaps in the front wheelwell you would think it doesn't have an engine :-P

Kyle will fix it all in due time though... For now it's good. I like them wheels.

Back