• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Panhard Bar Poly Bushings

$te4dyBrickin'

Ok so im looking for some insight here. Everywhere I search no one explains whether or not one must remove the outter metal sleeve of the old rubber bushing to put in the poly ones. This is where I am
pkukRtMl.jpg

As you can see, I've gone all out on trying to remove that sleeve since every shop in Tejas is closed on weekends. The bar has taken an ass whooping from me trying to air hammer that sleeve out (I've done this before on s14 subframe bushings). So does that sleeve need to go? And does anyone have some kind of home method for getting these mugs out and would like to explain with at least a little detail would be awesome.
Another photo
xNCglUKl.jpg

The socket, bolt, and pipe threading are all my attempt at making a press but one of the washers was faaar to weak. So that was a no go. I appreciate any help in advance.

As you can see, I've gone all out on trying to remove that sleeve since every shop in Tejas is closed on weekends. The bar has taken an ass whooping from me trying to air hammer that sleeve out (I've done this before on s14 subframe bushings). So does that sleeve need to go? And does anyone have some kind of home method for getting these mugs out and would like to explain with at least a little detail would be awesome.

I'm not really familiar with your area, but maybe there is a place you haven't thought of. I recently had the panhard bar bushings replaced. I had it done on a weekend at a gas station with a few service bays.

Yea that inside sleeve will have to come out. You may be able to vice it and I’ve seen guys sawzaw carefully not to cut the outter perimeter. Cut some slits around the inner tubing and then hammer out the pieces with a large flathead/chisel and hammer. Your air hammer would probably come in handy here. Wouldn’t hurt to soak it down in some penetrate either.

Don’t forget to clean the inner area before accepting the new poly.

I see you’ve banged up the rim of the outter perimeter pretty good. Just be careful because the new bushing seats on the outter rim and you don’t wanna bang it up too much. Like I said you should be fine but just work carefully.

Once you cut those slits in the inner ring pressure should subside a good bit depending on the rust. You should find it easier to get out.

^^yeah I demo'd those lips but I smoothed it out and cleaned it up pretty good. I'm here to say that everything went well. The car''s rear sway is substantially handled now. Thanks for reminding me about those relief cuts too. Got those cut in and the sleeves came out like candy out a pi?ata!

Hell yea.

When I put the polys in my wagons panhard the rear stability increased so much. Not to mention sliding around corners like butter ��

Glad you got it done

Back