• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cam question

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
I don't know much about the lobes and ranges and whatnot. However I got a A cam in my b200 and like how it reacts up until 5K rpm. But everything after that sucks.

So is there another cam that acts like an A but bit more lively after 5K.
Also had a K cam at one point but that's way to slow down low. Something in between?

VX isn't your answer. I don't know about a b200, but in my b230f it has the worst power peak, and falls on it's face after about 4500 rpms (moved it down with an adjustable gear). My A cam seems to have a smoother power curve.

from what i found on a dutch forum a combination VX3 with camgear might work best. But from what i read what you are saying its better to run a gear on the A?

I'm much happier with my A cam than my IPD VX, mostly because the power seems to peak on the VX and fall flat, whereas the A cam seems like a smooth power curve that tapers off slowly. And that's having two pretty much stock b230f engines that I rotate between. Obviously, where the power peaks can be tuned with a gear, but my money is on the A cam.

b200 - not familiar with this engine, maybe the characteristics are enough different to work better with the VX cam?

I would be tempted to try the D cam from a B21E if you just want a little gain.

If this is in the 360 injection then the injection system does not react well t different cams hence why the K might have felt very lacking. The D has more chance of working with it but you would have to try it to find out

An enem V15 is exactly what you are looking for if they still make them. Very good low rpm power with a wide powerband that pulls all the way to redline.

the enem v15 is virtually a duplicate of the A, just with more lift. Very similar to the VX, but with shorter exhaust duration, so less overlap.

You likely don't have enough compression to take advantage of more cam than the A. You already saw that with the K.

Actually the enem V15 is much closer to the B cam with more lift. B is the stock cam I like to recommend. They have the same duration but the lift is higher in the enem cam. Plus enem makes both normally aspirated and turbo versions of the cam. I have one in both of my cars and it changed the way they drive in a most positive way. Even a stock 93 B230F woke up with the enem V15. I put a B cam in my friends otherwise stock 1990 245 and he likes it a lot.

Back