• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V40 + wheelzz

I was expecting the new V40 converted into rwd with some nice wheels, but instead I get a Mitsubishi Virage, :(

The idea is good, the diameter of the wheel is good, the width and offsets of the wheels are not good, nor is the camber.

Really.... what the hell is all the hate about? I dig it! Alot! keep it up. Fu*k the haters bro :-P

lol, one must love the narrow mided and prejudiced tb

We get it that some of you guys like/appreciate things that are different and you are unfathomably cultured. You probably hang out with people that aren't even Volvo people (gasp, me too!) and you don't put speed/performance at the forefront of every car project you can get your hands on. You're not breaking any new ground and these posts are every bit as annoying as the ones that are super ignorant with "omgg it's so gay fux stretch." I already posted my feelings higher up saying I didn't like it but it doesn't bother me at all because it's not mine, so I hope you're not just nitpicking my one other response.

I was poking fun at the kid for his response because the post makes it seem like he doesn't understand what he's actually walking into and that he's not the first one to take the position he's taking. As far as other threads with stretch, mad tight camber, or whatever, this one has been fairly mild in terms of debate/name calling.

Last edited:
Since you asked, my opinion, it looks silly.

From your perspective, I don't know what cool is and that's fine. But I don't think this is cool. I don't think wearing pants halfway down the ass was cool either, but at one point, to be cool, that's what needed to be done.

If the intention is to be outlandish, I'd say it's a success.

In 20 years, you'll agree when kids your age are driving around with tires cambered out to 85? (or more).

lol, one must love the narrow mided and prejudiced tb

I don't think it's just TB, most car forums i go to, think the same about that style, some forums even have a Carbage thread, where they post hilarious fails in styling and car modifications, and i've seen a lot of the hella flushand the likes showing up there.

It's mainly a difference in taste, you might think it's beyond awesome, but often... much like on this forum, people tend to be more about improving the handling of a car instead of ruining it.

I like camber, but within reason, to improve upon cornering grip, but as a daily driver, even to improve handling might have the inside of the tire wear out much too fast, and then the tires much too narrow for the rim, takes the handling to new lows.

Yes.. people are very harsh in stating opinions, but this is Turbo Bricks, a site named from the older RWD boxy Volvos with Turbo, it's not a Hella Flush Bricks, or Low 'n Slow Bricks site, so what did you really expect?

My point is that I consider myself a car guy, and I like and appreciate many different styles, type of cars and car brands. But most people here seem to be hatin' on everything that isn't; 240, virgos, B230 +T'd :e-shrug:

I was expecting the new V40 converted into rwd with some nice wheels, but instead I get a Mitsubishi Virage, :(

The idea is good, the diameter of the wheel is good, the width and offsets of the wheels are not good, nor is the camber.

When Chigga is poo-pooing your stretched and poked wheel setup, you know you have gone well past the point of good taste... :-P

We get it that some of you guys like/appreciate things that are different and you are unfathomably cultured. You probably hang out with people that aren't even Volvo people (gasp, me too!) and you don't put speed/performance at the forefront of every car project you can get your hands on. You're not breaking any new ground and these posts are every bit as annoying as the ones that are super ignorant with "omgg it's so gay fux stretch." I already posted my feelings higher up saying I didn't like it but it doesn't bother me at all because it's not mine, so I hope you're not just nitpicking my one other response.

I was poking fun at the kid for his response because the post makes it seem like he doesn't understand what he's actually walking into and that he's not the first one to take the position he's taking. As far as other threads with stretch, mad tight camber, or whatever, this one has been fairly mild in terms of debate/name calling.

Word up, brother man! Different it's allways wrong!

just because people don't like it doesn't mean they are closed-minded...

i came into the thread open minded, saw a nice v40 + nice wheels + a lot of stretch + a lot of poke + a lot of camber, which all totaled looks like complete **** to me.

technically...it is wrong, no? aesthetically... I think it looks like ****, but im well aware some other people like the way it looks, and that's fine. just don't pimp my ride into looking like that while im sleeping :lol:

Since you asked, my opinion, it looks silly.

From your perspective, I don't know what cool is and that's fine. But I don't think this is cool. I don't think wearing pants halfway down the ass was cool either, but at one point, to be cool, that's what needed to be done.

If the intention is to be outlandish, I'd say it's a success.

In 20 years, you'll agree when kids your age are driving around with tires cambered out to 85? (or more).

We've seen the future... in Back to the Future...

flying+delorean.jpg

Haters gonna hate, but that's hellatite!

would like lower...just looks silly high with that wheel/tire combo. and I happen to like most "stanced" stuff...your buddy with the vw has got good fitment, you're monster truckin'

Back