• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

bee*r or any rev limiter? help

GeorgeDrifts

i just came across a bee r rev limiter and want to use it for fun and mainly drifting, but i am having a hard time finding a write up of someone installing one. or if someone knows what wires are what on the ecu? btw i have a 1989 volvo 740 with lh 2.2 any help would be awesome thanks!

George

it may work. I traded one a long time ago, seemed more like a gimmick than something actually useful, but it did work on a test bench. not sure on lh 2.2, but I imagine it can't be all that different. iirc it's more geared for systems running wasted spark, but you could probably get it to work.

hope it's cheap, otherwise there are far better options in the price range they sell for when they pop up.

i already have the bee-r power builder rev limiter seems easy about 4 wires just don't know if i go to the ecu on the passenger side panel or the ezk box?

Yes that is true, but this is a "soft" rev limiter that's usually set below the real rev limiter, which is hard or rather more violent

I told you it's spark already. Ie ezk. Msd would probably be better hell its probably the same price but you get a ton more features

i already have the bee r and im just dying to use it does anyone know what wires are what on the ezk unit or can tell me the color of the tach signal and ignition signal wire? i know i got the ezk117

get msd6al

i wish i did now... seems so simple compared to this even tho i have to find two wires they are really hard to find even the diagram is confusing as hell
EZKDiagramFinal2.jpg

The Bee*R limiter was designed for Nissans mostly, and they functioned by grounding the cam and crank signals to cut the coils while still feeding the ECU uninterrupted signals. Hence, how they are able to get massive flames or fuel smoke from a rich burn / no burn condition.

I would think it would work on a Volvo by cutting signal to the Powerstage, but I honestly have NO idea if that would be effective at all.

If you can't get it to work, hit me up, I've been looking for one for a while.

I need this in my life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2dEXOnZ7KGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bee*R limiter was designed for Nissans mostly, and they functioned by grounding the cam and crank signals to cut the coils while still feeding the ECU uninterrupted signals. Hence, how they are able to get massive flames or fuel smoke from a rich burn / no burn condition.

I would think it would work on a Volvo by cutting signal to the Powerstage, but I honestly have NO idea if that would be effective at all.

yeah i've always seen it work well with alot of drift cars i been around or in, and yes mainly Nissans with sr20's and i just thought of the bee-r over any of the msd stuff just because of how simple it was to work with but i never would have guessed Volvo's ignition box was gonna give me trouble. but i want to use my volvo for drifting and keep it at a safe rev and look good while shooting out fireballs so im gonna keep trying hopefully someone can help out with what wires i need to hook up

I have an idea...how about posting up the directions of the stupid device you are trying to hook up??

They're only available in Japanese.

OP: That being said, a cursory google search turns up enough poorly written guides and vague forum threads that you can use to piece the puzzle together. This **** ain't rocket surgery. It's a ****ing box that reads crank shaft speed and cuts the ignition off. There can't really be too many systems involved.

Pin 6 +12v probably the same as the TPS voltage pin 7
Pin 20 ground

The 2 pins that connect the ECU to the EZK are not (#3 and #4) marked in the diagram which way round they go.
They are pins 15 and 17 on the EKZ

Back