• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HX35 intake

LeedomtoFreedom

This has kinda miffed me, The HX35 has the V-Band for the compressor outlet, which I get, but I can't find the Vband size. A 2.5" vband is only SIGHTLY too big

I understand that there is a piece of pipe that would come with the turbo, but I don't have that and It's like 70$ on ebay, what gives.

It's a non standard size, I think you can get them from Cummins but you'll pay through the nose for it, grind it down as mentioned above.

cut it off and weld a nice 2.25in 90 elbow on it in a favorable direction

This.

IMG_20170404_184055764.jpg

It's a non standard size, I think you can get them from Cummins but you'll pay through the nose for it, grind it down as mentioned above.
Define standard? When I went looking for these things I ended up with a vband-catalogue in my hand that was about 50 pages long. It had what I wanted, but the prices were steep. I ended up buying just the vband clamp and machining my own mating flange from an audi aircon pulley. Worked pretty well :-)

Things that vary (and probably more)

• Angle
  • Thickness of flanges
  • Height of flanges

There were a LOT of different clamps in there. I cannot recall who the manufacture was, but I think they were an OEM supplier.

Define standard? When I went looking for these things I ended up with a vband-catalogue in my hand that was about 50 pages long. It had what I wanted, but the prices were steep. I ended up buying just the vband clamp and machining my own mating flange from an audi aircon pulley. Worked pretty well :-)

Things that vary (and probably more)

• Angle
  • Thickness of flanges
  • Height of flanges

There were a LOT of different clamps in there. I cannot recall who the manufacture was, but I think they were an OEM supplier.

I meant your typical 2/2.5/3" etc etc. That catalogue sounds mighty handy!

I was told by my machinest that there was a nearby semi truck store that might sell things like this, but the prices are pretty outrageous.

Like I said, I just ground it down and used that. Spent 0 dollars for the same result

Holset has a 90 degree elbow with a v-band and an o-ring that clamps down to that spot on the compressor housing and makes the outlet to a 3" for easy boost pipe routing. Have this on my hx40 should be the same. Makes it easy to route the boost piping because it's adjustable

Back