• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 series 7" wide wheel et (or backspacing)?

Dangerkitty

Bored Member
Probably been asked/answered before, but when I search I'm only finding 240s addressed.
Question -
Anyone know what ET (and/or backspacing) I would want for a 7 inch wide wheel to fit on a slightly lowered 71 145
I'm okay with rolling lips.
This thing needs wider rims!

00k0k_8TfVLkMDaTv_1200x900.jpg

In 15" you mean these?

700_mx11.jpg

ET 20 for clearance up front, but then 205's will rub in the outside back inner fenders under compression.

205-60-15's on those ATS's & call it a day?

Or go with 16" or better WWD wheels.

My 16x7 Ford wheels are supposedly ET 6 (some sources vary slightly, and I haven't measured the backspacing myself). All my fender arches are either cut or rolled, but I think they'd fit even without that being done.

My 16x7 Ford wheels are supposedly ET 6 (some sources vary slightly, and I haven't measured the backspacing myself). All my fender arches are either cut or rolled, but I think they'd fit even without that being done.

What size tire you running?
Are you using adaptors to fit them?

15x7 et10 with like a 205 would fit and look great if you’re fine rolling the lips. I personally wouldn’t go any wider with the tires. The low speed steering won’t be great even at that width but it’s not bad, especially with the factory steering wheel.

15x7 et10 with like a 205 would fit and look great if you?re fine rolling the lips. I personally wouldn?t go any wider with the tires. The low speed steering won?t be great even at that width but it?s not bad, especially with the factory steering wheel.

Thanks!
What are the specs for the wheels/tires on your car in signature?
That's a nice fit/look!

Ya but you have an early car with the rear wheels 3/4" forward right in the middle of the wheel arch, so not exactly apples to apples.

To directly answer your question here's the math:

For 15's on a 140 :-: 6.5 x 25.4 = 165.1 ? 2 = 82.55 + 40et = 122.55 ? 25.4 = 4.82" max backspace.

Mine are 17x8 et0 with a 205/45. The front would look better if they were pushed out a little more but steering effort would be even worse so I’ve tried to find a middle ground between looking good and still driving fine.

To directly answer your question here's the math:

For 15's on a 140 :-: 6.5 x 25.4 = 165.1 ? 2 = 82.55 + 40et = 122.55 ? 25.4 = 4.82" max backspace.

I'm looking for the "translate to english" button.

I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from, and what they all represent.
I asked about 7 inch rims, and you're starting the equation with 6.5?
Where is the 25.4 coming from? That sounds like the overall tire diameter?

Are you saying that on a 7 inch wide rim that 4.82 would be the maximum backspacing?

Back