home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #26
Tfrasca
Board Member
 
Tfrasca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ben Lomond, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerkitty View Post
What size tire you running?
Are you using adaptors to fit them?
205/50r16 on those wheels. No adapters, I had them redrilled to 108. I also have a set of 15x7 with 5.25 backspacing, and I am running 225/50 on those with no rubbing. But, like Ken said, my rear axle is in a different spot than yours.
Tfrasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #27
Dangerkitty
Bored Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfrasca View Post
205/50r16 on those wheels. No adapters, I had them redrilled to 108. I also have a set of 15x7 with 5.25 backspacing, and I am running 225/50 on those with no rubbing. But, like Ken said, my rear axle is in a different spot than yours.
That's the size tire I'd like to run on the 15's
Any chance I could try bolting those 15 x 7s on my car and see if they fit?
I'm more visual, than mathematical...
__________________
just a bunch of bicycles and a 71 145 GT project
+ a 1982 Dodge Xplorer 221
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #28
Tfrasca
Board Member
 
Tfrasca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ben Lomond, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerkitty View Post
That's the size tire I'd like to run on the 15's
Any chance I could try bolting those 15 x 7s on my car and see if they fit?
I'm more visual, than mathematical...
Definitely. They're brand new Corsa Steelies I had custom made, and they have essentially new Toyo Proxes r888r. I bought them with the intent on autocrossing the car a bit, but I doubt that'll happen now that other life stuff has come up. I'd happily sell them, but I'm sure you don't want r compound tires to drive around on the street...
Tfrasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #29
Dangerkitty
Bored Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfrasca View Post
Definitely. They're brand new Corsa Steelies I had custom made, and they have essentially new Toyo Proxes r888r. I bought them with the intent on autocrossing the car a bit, but I doubt that'll happen now that other life stuff has come up. I'd happily sell them, but I'm sure you don't want r compound tires to drive around on the street...
Ha! LOL. I just talked with Arman and he was telling me about your wheels, but he said they were 5.0 backspacing???
I'd be interested. Are they black???.
I'll pm you my phone #
Thanks!
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #30
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

TESLA X Unique Series 83 Black Wheels 83-7714


__________________
Raise The Lowered


Image hosted by servimg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperfauto View Post
Folks on here don't know a good deal when they see it.
how psi stock cna support?

Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:44 PM   #31
Dangerkitty
Bored Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern CA
Default

Nice, but I think 5.5 is a tad too much backspacing.
The Corsa wheels I bought from Tyler are 5.25 backspacking (15 x 7) and they fit fine.
I would actually like them to be out a tad closer to the wheel openings actually - which would require rolling the openings, but would get them more flush.
If I can find a set of the shorter early trailing arms I won't have to do any modifications to run them with the 225/50/15 tires.
Even with the 71 trailing arms they are not rubbing, but are a bit too close for comfort around the rear of the wheel openings, so I may end up trimming a small amount out of the way if I can't find a set of the early trailing arms.
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #32
Dangerkitty
Bored Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern CA
Default

https://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/83-7714/10002/-1
This looks like a similar wheel (fewer holes) for a bit less cost ($6/wheel less)?

Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #33
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

Good offset for 140 on both of those choices yes.

[2mm off]
Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #34
jwernerny
Board Member
 
jwernerny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairport, NY
Default

Buy the stock RWD 15x5.5" Volvo steel rims then have a 1.5" band added on the outside. Worked perfectly on my 145, 245, 744T, 964, 965. The set I had made (by a stock car wheel builder) now wears 225/50 R15 race rubber.
__________________
--
John Werner
* 1992 944T * 1988 764 GLE V6 * 2002 WRX Wagon (needs motor) * 2006 Honda Odyssey *
jwernerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #35
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwernerny View Post
Buy the stock RWD 15x5.5" Volvo steel rims then have a 1.5" band added on the outside. Worked perfectly on my 145, 245, 744T, 964, 965. The set I had made (by a stock car wheel builder) now wears 225/50 R15 race rubber.


Now to find a 75 164 in the junkyard with 4 good wheels on it.
Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.