• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 262c Bertone 1980 "my wife's car"

Congratulations for the restoration of your (your wifes) Bertone, great work!
I'm owner of a similar, black Bertone in European version, but with beige leather inside and wanted to finish my project for our marriage... unfortunately, the paint job wasn't done well and the time wasn't sufficient to do it one more time before, so the Bertone awaits me now for three years... i Know, its a sin, but every time, I see it, I only have aggressions for the painter... But your project gives me motivation, so perhaps...
I also used products from Lederzentrum, best in europe, I think.
Your solution for the back 'Zierleiste' ist great, I thought of a solution as the painter just wanted to glue it on, you found the perfect solution!!

Here is what you get. I put the dye in the soda bottle.

I here I tested it on a seat. Once again the camera and lighting did not cooperate. It did turn out tan and the leather stayed soft.. Compare the "new" top to the old bottom.

Hi Nel621,

I?m amazed about the results! Did you try this product from Leatherique with another kind of leather?

My wife has a bag made of crocodile leather (like these ones: https://www.diana-germany.de/damen/taschen/krokotaschen/) and we don?t know how to take care properly of it.

It would be great if you could give me more information about that.

Thanks! :-)

I have only used the product on some Volvo Bertone seats and panels. I'm very happy with the results. I would think you can get good results on that type of leather providing you do very careful and thorough prep work. I would also contact the company and explain to them how and what you will be using the product in case they a different formula for your application.

Back