• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

180,000 mile all-original CA blue plate 242 DL

regular

Here are a few shots of my 1980 242 DL "stripper coupe"

I picked it up in San Diego, California and drove it home to Austin, Texas.

I'm tinkering with it here and there, but I'm thinking I'll keep it mostly original.

I have a Peter Burrows wood shift knob, Nardi wood wheel, MOMO hub, and NRG quick release I'll likely install, as well as some 16x7 CSA alloys to freshen up the look.

Here are some pictures from San Francisco, my drive through Yosemite, and my 84 mile tow from Grants to Albequerque, NM at nearly midnight (thanks AAA!). Thanks to the members of TurboBricks for the mountains of resources and knowledge which give me the confidence to keep this gal on the road.

dsc0511s.jpg

dsc0516so.jpg

dsc0517js.jpg

dsc0539dy.jpg

dsc0546it.jpg

dsc0547pp.jpg

dsc0550so.jpg

dsc0551bg.jpg

dsc0553o.jpg

dsc0555j.jpg

dsc0607iz.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey, Nice find. I have not seen that car around town but will know its you now if i see the car.
I live north and drive a gold 93 wagon or a black 2000 C70.

Is that the food mart on Guadalupe and 15th?

Thanks guys.

The ol girl needed a tow because the alternator crapped out. I also replaced the head gasket and the engine wiring harness just to make sure we would get back. She did 70 mph for 11 hours straight from Santa Fe to Austin!!!

The picture with the flatbed is from outside of the Shell station in Grants, New Mexico. The tow from there to Albequerque was 84 miles - thanks AAA!

I cruise around central Austin for the most part. Holler if you catch me in traffic.

Super nice 242. It's a twin to mine but one year older. Flathood vs. four eyes - they each have their own charm. Keep it clean! Trip looks like a blast.

Bring that back to California immediately! There needs to be a law to ban the export of Calif fresh cars to the rest of the world :p

Back