• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swedish Ops - Robert Jackson out of Jail and Flipping Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintagewrench

Let the Buyer Beware: Robert Jackson of Swedish Ops 122s fame is back after getting out of jail and is now flipping specials like a fake #4 red car racing car, Datson 240z's, and other sports cars on Bring-A-Trailer.

Check out his Facebook page where his whereabouts are not listed https://www.facebook.com/robert.jackson.71697

Do check out the forth video on the top row, of him where he makes sure he gets plenty of face time in the cheesy number four red fakey-do racing car. https://www.facebook.com/robert.jackson.71697/videos?lst=100000031485774%3A683644105%3A1531497327

Be sure to views these Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tninKGOs2Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Co2q_uLvk

Last edited:
Bookface links no worky; Also, there's an OT thread on this very topic, how'd you miss it?

Are you a Facebook member? If not the links will not work without joining.

I searched under Robert Jackson and Swedish Ops and did not find anything listed here.

Last edited:
OT, but :repost:
http://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=338774

Thread started by member "Duder" (search the member list and his threads if my link no work (TB is being weird/not all threads are loading/hot linking for some people but not others).

Seriously doubt there's a lot that can easily be done or even done to funnel some of that money he's taking in back to the people he scammed, at least not without some real heavy lifting to overhaul our justice system a bit/reducing general inequality a bit while upholding basic presumption of innocence/not turning into a police state that's as bad or worse.
After all, we live in an age where millionaires can say that their company is bankrupt on camera in court and not pay anyone back and get away with it and then go out the next day and buy a private jet tax exempt while founding a 'church' or whatever.

Last edited:
Some of my comments from the other thread, posted here for Google to find.

My comment was removed.
For anyone curious about the seller, you should do a thorough search for "Robert Jackson Madill OK", "Swedish Ops", "Classic Auto Glass Innovations", and the screenname he used to scam people, "Iamtheonlyreal1".

This guy has a very long history of swindling car enthusiasts in many different ventures, ranging from custom vintage Volvo parts to flush-mount muscle car windshields. He has a very long track record of taking money from people and never delivering product. It has already landed him in jail once.

Maybe Robert has changed. Maybe he hasn't. All I know is I wouldn't touch anything he's selling with a 50 foot pole. If he could prove that he has legitimately made things right with those he screwed over, maybe this ill will would stop following him around the internet.

I did get an email from BaT:

We wanted to reach out to you to let you know that we pulled the comment relating to the seller of the 240Z from the auction.

After this seller had sold a few cars successfully on our site, we heard about some of the past problems that he's had (according to the internet). We did our research and cautiously allowed him to sell cars on the site with us paying close attention as the feedback about him from his original sales were good.

As of now, Robert has successfully sold 18 cars on our site over the past year and we've followed up with several of the buyers and never heard a complaint.

We really appreciate you looking out for members of our community. If information came to light about a new seller on BaT we'd welcome the warning and criticism (so long as it was posted in a constructive manor). Being that Robert has successfully sold several cars here with many satisfied buyers, we don't think that it applies in this case.

Please let us know of any questions.

Patrick

Translation:

We know Robert is a scummy person and not to be trusted because we've heard it from a lot of people. It looks like he snuck his first listing or two by us without us noticing what a crappy individual he was.

Now that we know, we looked into him, and decided to let him keep selling on our site because he's making us money.

We really wish you wouldn't point out that we're allowing a well-known and well-documented scammer to sell hundreds of thousands of dollars of vehicles on our site.
We're sure if we ever hear about a problem with a car he's sold, we'll take Robert's side.
After all, they're just old cars that can break at any point.

As long as Robert keeps selling cars and lining our pockets, we'll stay quiet. Please do the same.

Just sent this.

Last email, and I'll let sleeping dogs lie. Robert isn't just an unsavory character that some people dislike. He's a convicted felon with several charges of embezzlement. Full details here. http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=048-&casekey=048-CF++1500107

He's sold 18 vehicles on your site, netting about 365k. I wonder how much of the money spent procuring those cars was ill-gotten. More importantly, I wonder if any of his profit will be spent making things right with people he has screwed in the past.

Maybe he doesn't actually own these vehicles. Maybe he's just a broker or flipping them. Either way, Robert is a very shady character, and certainly not the kind of person that I would want my business associated with. I'm far from the only one to make the connection between his current BaT username, his old "Iamtheonlyreal1" username, and the real person of Robert Jackson. I'd hate to see what would happen to the credibility of BaT if he screws over a buyer, especially with other people connecting the same dots I have.

If you feel that the benefits of dealing with Mr. Jackson outweigh the risks, and that his past behavior warrants a second chance, good for you. You're certainly a more trusting person than I.

If anyone else would like to contact BaT, feel free. If he screws over a buyer and it comes out that BaT KNEW they were dealing with a scam artist and decided to give him a second chance at the expense of their customers, BaT is in for a bad time.

BaT is walking a fine line but I agree that their initial response was dismissive. This isn't an internet rumor, it's a convicted felon. But I get that they can't dig up the past of each seller and post it for all to see. They could argue that he was convicted and that it's up to the courts to see it through, and not them.

I guess he's gotta pay those fines somehow.

Got a response from BaT today:

As he has sold several cars successfully through us (without complaint as of yet), we're going to allow him to continue selling so long as it stays that way. We will be keeping a close eye on it.

"Leave us alone."

It's not a matter of if he screws someone, it's when. And when it happens, it's going to come out that BaT knew the kind of person Robert was, and continued to allow him to conduct business on their site. Oh well.

Just playing devils advocate....

He did his time and is out. Meaning he is a free man (your sentencing shouldnt follow you after you have paid your time, as long as its not pedo or smth).

Because of past actions you feel that he should never have the ability to be involved with anything automotive. Based on the unpaid individuals in the past I can see how you feel that way, but still. 18 vehicles sold cleanly on BaT should say something. Maybe he has turned a new leaf?

He did his time and is out. Meaning he is a free man (your sentencing shouldnt follow you after you have paid your time, as long as its not pedo or smth).

Because of past actions you feel that he should never have the ability to be involved with anything automotive. Based on the unpaid individuals in the past I can see how you feel that way, but still. 18 vehicles sold cleanly on BaT should say something. Maybe he has turned a new leaf?

This is all well and good in the now. However, when you are ordered restitution and basically pay NONE of it back. Then you are continuing on the path of being a total scumbag. Especially seeing that he has sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cars and pays nothing back to his victims.

He didn't serve his time when the restitution is still unpaid. He went to jail to get a slap on the wrist from the man. None of his victims got any real assets from him or value back in their lives.

Best I can determine, he did NO time. His prosecutor was Scott Pruitt (recently fired and disgraced director of the EPA). Reckon a corrupt weasel of a DA would take a little gift in return for a veery light sentence?

Last edited:

He's free to pursue car sales of course, but if he's not using the proceeds from that to pay restitution back to his victims, then think about this: wouldn't you want to know this as a potential buyer of one of his cars offered online? Also: wouldn't it be pertinent for a BaT user to be aware that a certain seller on the site is a felon convicted of embezzlement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back