• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1967 122s

PDub

I have an oppty to purchase. Guy wants $2800.00 - Car has some rust. Whaddaya think a good offer price should be ?

Attachments

• '67 side.jpg
    '67 side.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 143
More Pix

Attachments

• '67 int.&dash.jpg
    '67 int.&dash.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 29
  • '67 front&side.jpg
    '67 front&side.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
  • '67 rear.jpg
    '67 rear.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
Is it mechanically fine? Need any maintenance/suspension/driveline work? Do all the electrics work?

122s

Rust and cosmetics repairs cost more than doing all the mechanicals of a car like a 122S. Even if you do it yourself. You'd be surprised how much time it takes to do the repairs properly. I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just telling you to go in with your eyes wide open.

It's been repainted in the back at least. (Rear reflector holes and body seams have been bondo'd over) I'd hate to see what previous repairs are lurking beneath ready to eat their way through. Rust never sleeps.

I would pass, maybe i'm spoiled here in california, picked up a rust free '64 with rebuilt motor for $1800. (the interior was in sad shape)

curtis

Last edited:
I'm all over the concept of '$2800' and 'some rust' not logically going together in a 122.

I'm just looking at little pics, but I see warning signs already.

I'd either get that car for a lot less, or if your plan is to have a *really* spiffy 122 in the future, save your $2800 for a car with a straight, rust free body. They exist.

Back