• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Diagnose a sound

speedn_j

Banned
88 240

Stepdaughters car has a weird sound I can't seem to find. Sounds like the engine pulley rubbing on plastic but only when she gets on it while driving. It speeds up or slows down according to engine speed. I can't get it to make the noise while just revving the engine. Checked tbelt..checked accesory belt tensions. Is there anything in the bell housing that could cause this? Maybe something flew in there. Tomorrow going to put it on the jacks and take a better look.

88 240

Stepdaughters car has a weird sound I can't seem to find. Sounds like the engine pulley rubbing on plastic but only when she gets on it while driving. It speeds up or slows down according to engine speed. I can't get it to make the noise while just revving the engine. Checked tbelt..checked accesory belt tensions. Is there anything in the bell housing that could cause this? Maybe something flew in there. Tomorrow going to put it on the jacks and take a better look.

Just in case, it worth checking airbox hot side aluminum pipe from exhaust.
Also, loose or not properly installed timing cover.

Nice to know. I had similar stuff after replacing timing belt. It was a cover against water pump crap.

Back