• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Large Jeep/Chrysler/Mopar Cooling Fans

I have a 3 speed fan that came in a toyota sienna v6 minivan i think. Pretty sure it is an 18" and moves a ton of air. Never measured the amps. It puts a pretty big draw on electrical even with a 100 amp alt. I only had to trim the toyota shroud a little to fit the 240 rad.

Im not seeing anything about an 18" sienna fan. Just two dual fans on a shroud

...with my V8 in may right now and a custom air intake that sits behind the passenger headlight with very little ambient air coming in sits at a pretty high intake air temp. Not a lot of air is really flowing through these engine bays with aftermarket or custom (air rams).

I've been watching my intake air temp off and on for a couple of years now. I've never seen it more than 5-8F higher than ambient. My air filter behind the passenger headlight too. I did open up a little area in the reflector under the headlights so that air has a more direct shot to pass right through the large, round hole in the sheet metal closest to the radiator. Maybe that actually makes a difference.

I don't have to deal with a lot of elevation change. But decent hot temps/high humidity. So far, with a/c on and the fans set to run at 75% speed with a/c on -- the car just sits right at 194/195F -- with the OEM 187F t'stat on the inlet. I have a switch to turn my fans OFF when I'm on the highway. Mine seems to move plenty of air across to cool both engine and condenser at speed without the fans on. No turbo. No intercooler.

Curious to hear how the big Chrysler/Jeep fan works Dave.

Im not seeing anything about an 18" sienna fan. Just two dual fans on a shroud

It was a while ago and the car is in storage right now but i am sure it was a 2000 era toyota v6 van and is a single fan, 3 speed. Might not have been a sienna, they all look the same to me.
Looks like this one from a 98.
47C934B-1.jpg

I've been watching my intake air temp off and on for a couple of years now. I've never seen it more than 5-8F higher than ambient. My air filter behind the passenger headlight too. I did open up a little area in the reflector under the headlights so that air has a more direct shot to pass right through the large, round hole in the sheet metal closest to the radiator. Maybe that actually makes a difference.

I don't have to deal with a lot of elevation change. But decent hot temps/high humidity. So far, with a/c on and the fans set to run at 75% speed with a/c on -- the car just sits right at 194/195F -- with the OEM 187F t'stat on the inlet. I have a switch to turn my fans OFF when I'm on the highway. Mine seems to move plenty of air across to cool both engine and condenser at speed without the fans on. No turbo. No intercooler.

Curious to hear how the big Chrysler/Jeep fan works Dave.

I have the stock 198? thermostat that came in all avalanche engines. I need to see what my ambient temps are at highway speed. Ive been checking at idle when its the hottest "of course" and city driving. I bet its much cooler when up to speed. Ive been debating about getting a cooler thermostat. Maybe I'll replace it when the supercharger goes in. Im just happy that I got my stock ac working.

And the 198F t'stat is on the inlet side? I see pretty consistent 7-8F pickup of heat from the 187F inlet to the 195F outlet temp. Reckon the Corvettes used a bit cooler t'stat than the Avalanche's did.

Back