• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Diesel to petrol conversion, whats involved?

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
I recently got a 780 Diesel, due to high tax and a growing number of places where old diesels are prohibited in NL I'm looking to convert it to Petrol.

I got a nice B234 engine here (and overheard this shares the sub frame of the diesel)
I can think of all the things needing to be done to do such a conversion but I am sure someone on here has done it before that might point me into the right direction, share the do's and don'ts if you will.

thoughts?

fuel
Lines
Tank
Pump

Electronics
Lh 2.4 from 240 ?
Custom loom for lh?

Last edited:
Export it to Sweden and buy petrol "Bert two" instead? I would consider a B230FT or the 960 engine over a B234

MN

Export it to Sweden and buy petrol "Bert two" instead? I would consider a B230FT or the 960 engine over a B234

MN

That would be the most boring option yes. And i like the sound of the b234 16 valve head, I have 2 of them plus a b204gt exhaust manifold if I would like to go turbo.

The 960 engine would deff be a good contester for this type of car, but none of them left.

Well since I went ahead with it (see my sign 780) i'll post some stuff up.

Got a complete 945 with B230FK

- Pull engine, box and driveshaft
- Pull complete tank or the inpump tank and swap them over
- Cut the diesel mount out if not going 16V
- Get all the wiring for injection
- you can re-use the fuel lines if you have the high volume intank pump

Still in the process of swapping stuff over so Ill report back later

Back