• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ORGANIZE!!!

I'd be real interested in hearing more about this...how much under 500? Like 4 hundred something? Who makes these wheels? How much for shipping? I live in NJ by the way.

Eager to hear more,

Matthew

I predict with shipping they are about the same price as a new Haltech engine management system off ebay. :booty: :owned:
:mrgreen:

I emailed SAM about their 3" turbo back exhaust system because it was only like 300 bucks but the shipping ended up being like an extra $320. Too bad shipping is so expensive, you can find some hella good deals on Volvo aftermarket stuff over there.

D Hulting said:
I emailed SAM about their 3" turbo back exhaust system because it was only like 300 bucks but the shipping ended up being like an extra $320. Too bad shipping is so expensive, you can find some hella good deals on Volvo aftermarket stuff over there.

Ask for surface post. Airmail IS expensive, and I'm guessing that's what the $320 was for. For an exhaust that isn't likely to get damaged in shipping, I wouldn't hesitate to have it shipped by boat.

I would be interested. Any idea what shipping would be like on, say, 5 sets of those wheels? And then also, you would have to add in more shipping from whoever recieves the wheels, to where everyone else in North America lives. Hmm, maybe a group buy would not be the most economical solution.

Unless, say, we organize group buys by region, and then we can all drive to pick up the wheels from someone's house.

Greg

Reply from Eiker Motorshop:

"Yes we can send. Four wheels will kost in postage 320 us dollar approx
+
price on the wheels 800 us dollar"

$800 shipped sounds very good, and I'm now considering a set as well. Doing the conversion to Norweigen currency (divide 998:- by 6.9) and taking off the 20% discount, it's $783 with shipping.

I don't see how a group buy could save us money in shipping. Wheels are big and heavy, and adding more makes the package(s) much bigger and heavier, so shipping goes up accordingly. Typically wheels are shipped 2 per box.

It's not like cams where you could put a half dozen in a box and cut the shipping per cam drastically.

dude you serious?

$800 bucks for killer wheels?

oh man.

I want somebody to get some shit from them and post how it all went down... that'd ROCK

dude you serious?

$800 bucks for killer wheels?

oh man.

I want somebody to get some shit from them and post how it all went down... that'd ROCK

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the shipping costs, sometimes I think its cheaper with a bigger package, but in this case, I guess its not.

a group buy should be cheaper, you're buying quantity therefore there should be a bulk price. this hopefully would offset some of the shipping cost.

for instance if you promised the buyer you'd buy 10 sets he should cut you a deal in price or ship at half cost, etc...

i'm in but not before i have a finallized price.

Back