• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel Injected 544?

Mylesofsmyles

A Member
Well actually, a 444...anyone seen one?

Interested in running D-Jet in the 444, on the B20...

Manifold fit?

I'd imagine, fitting an inline pump, like the D-Jet one, shouldn't be hard

Stock mani may be an issue. That said, I know that there is a 544 in Europe equipped with a stock B23E. Surprisingly, there's more room in the engine bay for a B21/23/230 mounted in the usual tilted position with FI than there is with a pushrod B18/20 with D-Jet or K-Jet and the stock intake. Maybe nathaninwa could come up with something that'd work.

-J

I checked a D-Jet mani on my PV once while the DCOE's were off. It doesn't fit. The front end of the engine compartment tapers in, the D-Jet throttle body sticks out there and interferes with the inner fender, the outer fender, and the hood. And the hood hinges on my 544's old style 444/B16 hood.

screw the all white wiring on DJET...just run NA 2.2 and use the stock ignition system for input.

screw the all white wiring on DJET...just run NA 2.2 and use the stock ignition system for input.

I've been thinking about that too, about as much as I'm considering a B230 & M46...can't get past the manifolds riddle

I have no heater fan or core in this car anymore...I wonder if a unmodified B230 manifold would fit

I figured if I ever fuel injected my PV I'd just get some DCOE style throttle bodies. Or heck, just drill out the DCOE's and tuck some injectors inside the hollowed out float bowl area.

I figured if I ever fuel injected my PV I'd just get some DCOE style throttle bodies. Or heck, just drill out the DCOE's and tuck some injectors inside the hollowed out float bowl area.

too much work and money...

if at all, I'd like to play around with the limits of O.E. style injection

Yeah, just in my case the D-jet manifold doesn't fit, and my R-Sport head isn't drilled for D-jet injectors - even though it's made from a late F casting.

The DD-Jet injectors have a decent amount of flow, IIRC. Because of the antiquated and quaint D-Jet electronics design, I think the max duty cycle they could ever see was 50%. So with MS or something newer driving them, they should be good for very roughly double the HP. B20E's were 130 HP, so maybe something north of 200? That was also at a fairly low fuel pressure (2 bar - 28 - 30 psi) - which was additionally not reference to manifold pressure.

That's all very nice, but that's expensive custom parts, that'll require more expensive engine management.

I"m thinking of using parts from 140's and 240's to have EFI...something like D-Jet or LH2.2

My riddle with LH2.2 is the TPS.

The problem with a Djet or LH2.2 is you can't tune them you would have to work around that and try to fool it into working.

Weld some injector bungs into a manifold use carb body for TB or build something and use an MS2 to run it all.

Replace carbs with a log plenum and a single TB in the front end?

The problem with a Djet or LH2.2 is you can't tune them you would have to work around that and try to fool it into working.

Weld some injector bungs into a manifold use carb body for TB or build something and use an MS2 to run it all.

Replace carbs with a log plenum and a single TB in the front end?

D-jet is a snap to MS, add an 850 TPS and the injectors are already correctly set up.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but a B21ET in a 444...

S6301212.jpg

-J

^ I like that...but what was done for fuel injection? modified intake manifold?

I see now, that it's K-Jet...

I'd run LH2.2...if I could figure out how to make a manifold fit.

Back