• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

745 CD009 Transmission Swap Complete and Tested on track

Do you have a 7/9 series? That placement is perfect, it is too far back for a 240.

Yoshifab is making a shifter that will be in the same location as that for less. I have a prototype.

I have a 240 and its why I will be looking into a short shifter kit, or cutting the tunnel out and pulling the hole back where its needed, or possibly even even using a tunnel from another car...I don't have the transmission in front of me yet or have the adapter from deeworks, but I am seeing as things develop more good things are happening as far as parts and options.

Once I get a hold of a transmission and an adapter I'll figure out what needs to be done, but I have driven a 370z with a cd009 and loved it I think it will be perfect for my 16v turbo project.

I think the ratios are:
M46 Nissan
1 4.03 3.794
2 2.16 2.324
3 1.37 1.624
4 1.00 1.271
5 0.79 1.00
6 x.xx 0.794

I will need to compare my video of shifting on the same track between the M46 and Nissan to see if I was getting into the 5th gear 1:1 ratio faster than with the M46.

I am not sure which rear end I have, but I think it is the 3.5, not the 3.7.

Oh please let us see the video.

The rear gear on a 2008 Nissian 370Z is 3:54 so if you have the 3.5 it should feel much like the 370 I drove. It was nice it had a usable 1st gear.

I am really curious how it will feel mated to a 3:73 set. Thats where I think I am going with it.

This is what I'm doing for my 240 swap:

IMG_20180824_144339_zpsihhj1rs1.jpg

I've got pics of the install in my build thread: http://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=166061&page=52

You have to take the tail housing off and cut the shifter rod. It's not that bad though, just make sure that the 'center' plate that holds all the bearings and gears in the front part of the case doesn't try to come off with the tail housing, they're all held together with the same set of bolts. There's nothing complicated going on with the tail housing itself, but you'd be in a world of pain if that center plate backed out.

I have a 240 and its why I will be looking into a short shifter kit, or cutting the tunnel out and pulling the hole back where its needed, or possibly even even using a tunnel from another car...I don't have the transmission in front of me yet or have the adapter from deeworks, but I am seeing as things develop more good things are happening as far as parts and options.

Once I get a hold of a transmission and an adapter I'll figure out what needs to be done, but I have driven a 370z with a cd009 and loved it I think it will be perfect for my 16v turbo project.

I myself own a 370z Nismo and I love that tranny though it's noisier than I expected, probably because I have a custom race clutch installed on the car.

I'll be running a 3.31 final on my 740 with the swapped and build T6. But since I'll push twice the HP I have in the 370z (around 700 hp, the Nismo has 350 crank hp) I think that the setup will be pretty good.

You have to be VERY patient cause it took a LONG time for JohnMC to get his unit.

Absolutely worth noting. It was a solid 3 1/2 months from order to delivery. Actually, that reminds me, he still hasn't sent the offset shifter.

Absolutely worth noting. It was a solid 3 1/2 months from order to delivery. Actually, that reminds me, he still hasn't sent the offset shifter.

Yeah I was wondering if that order was fulfilled in a faster way than the original one. This guy isn't going to be in business very long if he keeps delivery times of that magnitude.

I sent him another email. On Aug 23 he said he'd get that out to me, but no real specifics. I should have been bugging him more frequently, I guess.

Back