updates?
740atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 AM   #27
Arn02
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740atl View Post
updates?
Not much. I have been too busy with work and adjusting my workshop. I did however finish the transmission mount and had it galvanized and coated

The 245 GT

The Euromurican

Last edited by Arn02; 08-04-2019 at 08:04 AM..
Arn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:17 AM   #28
Arn02
Board Member

Holy ****e sorry for the size. Tinyurl is out of service so I'm trying Imgur. Wi fix later
Old 08-03-2019, 01:22 PM   #29
Cwazywazy
Single jingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn02 View Post
Holy ****e sorry for the size. Tinyurl is out of service so I'm trying Imgur. Wi fix later
Click huge thumbnail in the sizes thingy before copying the link. (Or just add an H to the end of the link)

Old 08-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #30
The Full Banana
not yet good enough

Nice work! I really like what you did with the transmission crossmember. I've been wanting to do something similar to replace the modified m47 crossmember I'm using with my getrag 265.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #31
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Very impressive thus far.... that intake will remind US Brickers of LS power..... but the BMW overhead cams are even cooler.

I really like the big V6 sitting in that engine bay. Your fab skills are impressive, and that crossmember is a testimony.

Hopefully she isn't too "nose heavy" with the power plant forward..... but I don't see that you really had any choice. Should be WAY more fun than any pushrod 4 banger.

Feedback thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=198746
DET17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #32
Cwazywazy
Single jingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET17 View Post
I really like the big V6 sitting in that engine bay. Your fab skills are impressive, and that crossmember is a testimony.
V8*

According to google it's something like 380lb, doesn't say whether that includes accessories. I can't imagine a dressed up B230f weighs a whole lot less than that.
Cwazywazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #33
Arn02
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwazywazy View Post
Click huge thumbnail in the sizes thingy before copying the link. (Or just add an H to the end of the link)
Adjusted the post, thx!

Quote:
Very impressive thus far.... that intake will remind US Brickers of LS power..... but the BMW overhead cams are even cooler.

Hopefully she isn't too "nose heavy" with the power plant forward..... but I don't see that you really had any choice. Should be WAY more fun than any pushrod 4 banger.
V8 indeed. It shouldn't be too heavy and it isn't that much further in the enginebay. It's an aluminium block, and besides it's counterbalanced by the automatic which is long and heavy (109kg / ~240 pounds).

I hope to be able to start with it again later in August. This doens't need to take years and in fact it shouldn't.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:10 AM   #34
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwazywazy View Post
V8*

According to google it's something like 380lb, doesn't say whether that includes accessories. I can't imagine a dressed up B230f weighs a whole lot less than that.
My BMW ignorance exposed! Still impressive all around..... will be curious to know the corner weights with that power plant as positioned.

Has he shared his replacement rearend to withstand that torque?
DET17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #35
Arn02
Board Member

Quote:
My BMW ignorance exposed! Still impressive all around..... will be curious to know the corner weights with that power plant as positioned.

Has he shared his replacement rearend to withstand that torque?
I have a genuine 3,15:1 240 axle and this hybrid Dana 35 3,07:1 axle. I will use the latter, at least in the beginning.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #36
Arn02
Board Member

Made the e38 airbox work. Cheaper solution than buying a conical airfilter and it has an intergrated cai.

It won't win any beaty contests (and neither will I) but it's out of sight anyway and it's sound.

I also scored an X5 stainless 3" exhaust for a hundred which will form the basis of my exhaust system.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #37
Arn02
Board Member

Another small update.

Since I was going nowhere with adjusting the e38 headers....

...especially not because they're double stainless pipes, I scored e53 X5 headers.

And they fit...

... without modification.

So that problem is sort of solved.

On the first page you can see I was building an aluminium box for the ecu and transmission ecu to put in the engine compartiment. I let that idea go and decided it would be nicer to have them inside the car, if for no other reason than that I can used all the space I can get in that part of the engine compartment.

So I took the rubber gromet and plastic cover from the engine and made that fit in the fire wall panel. Pictures say more than words...

Airco feedline will still fit. The return needs another solution.

Mock up.

Chow for now.