• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weird hesitation after timing belt slip

studmuffed

Hey all,

When turning up the boost about a week ago my timing belt slipped and the car ran horribly until I put it back where it was supposed to be. Now it's running alright, but it's acting like the timing is very slightly off or something. I have a wideband and it seems to be alright under boost, but it still hesistates especially at low RPMs. Im wondering if the EZK is pulling timing or maybe the cam gear sheared? I've actually had the crank gear pin shear before but I really made sure to tighten the new one down.

Any ideas?
Nick

Additional info
B230f +T
Stock 940 turbo ecu and ezk
New BP7ES plugs
Kinda new plug wires
Newish distributor rotor and cap

Try disconnecting the battery. It will reboot the ECU and it will relearn the fuel trims, timing, and idle speed. It is worth a try.

Try disconnecting the battery. It will reboot the ECU and it will relearn the fuel trims, timing, and idle speed. It is worth a try.

This seemed to help a lot. The wideband numbers were about the same as before but maybe the computer adjusted the timing? Idk but I'll drive on it some more and see if the problem comes back.

Back