• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b21f+t boost gauge?

makebrickgovroom

Hey! Just finished up +t'ing my b21f(-t). I have some cheapy harbor freight boost gauge that I wanna hook up, but I haven't been able to crack it. I teed off a smaller vacuum line on the intake manifold (b21f), got good vacuum readings, but on boost it won't actually read any positive pressure. Should I tee off a line from the distributor? Or what's ideal?

Thanks!

Try a bicycle pump to the gauge to make sure it's actually working, and somewhat accurate. Most anywhere off the intake manifold (on the manifold, not the throttle body before the butterfly) should show boost unless there is none (something leaking a lot). You're not teeing it off after the one-way valve for the hvac, are you?

great ideas, thanks for the reply :) i double checked all my clamps and connections, turbo side is leak free, but i had a pretty significant leak at the coupling of my charge pipe and inter-cooler. ordered a new one, so we'll see what's up tomorrow!

Back