• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2005 xc70 front end question

turbopop23

My 2005 xc70 with 170,000 miles needed new struts, control arm bushings, and front springs. I had my garage do all the work, they installed volvo parts. Now, when I got the car back after front end alignment, the front end seemed to sit high. When driving down the highway the steering seems to turn extremely easy. I gave it a couple months to see if the front end would drop back to normal with the new springs. It hasn't. My shop checked the front end over and everything looks right. They checked the paperwork with the alignment numbers, and that looked good. Anybody have any ideas? Also when pulling into a parking place where I have to turn sharp, it almost seems like the front end kind of falls into the turn. Don't know if that makes any sense. Its like after a certain amount of turns, the car assists you with the rest. Any ideas? Thanks

is it sitting high or is your back now sitting low because you don't have new springs in the back? just sayin'

also, xc70, do we deal with those here now?

also, xc70, do we deal with those here now?

Why not. It is turbo, and no doubt a brick. P1s are the new 700/900 and P2 the new 240 (just bought a P2 to fetch parts for the 285). Haha

To be helpful... Was there ride heights taken to prove the need for front springs replacement, or did one of the coils break? There is a factory reference height measurement (with some tolerance). I am going to say that you need to address the rear as well. Also, did the shop provide a readout for your viewing pleasure?

Back