• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rodents!!

ZVOLV

<Master Tech>
Well the $400 88 760 with 59k miles is basically totalled because of a rodent infestation.

The car has serious running issues. It looses power and has no balls. (see "88 760 turbo has no balls thread" ttp://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=145909 )

It has plenty of **** though.

So I have stripped down the interior and it is going to the dump today. If you are in SD and want any of this stuff its yours.

I dont really want to spend the $$ and time putting another interior in. Think i am just going to put a light cloth 740 seat in it and do some wiring and call it at that. Here are some pics of last nights work:

Last edited:
There is probably a rodent nest in the airbox. And its not able to suck any air in, so that may be why it has "no balls"

Pics are nonexistent

Interior is now nonexistent.

Gonna see if I can get it down to 2300lbs and just keep it as a project car. I am gonna see about removing the sunroof and maybe welding it shut. All the A/C and heater stuff is going too.

The only thing that worries me about flogging the car is the IRS.

There actually was **** in the airbox and no filter originally. Now it has filter.

I have found several chewed through wires. I might just have to run a MS on this car just for practice and for fun.

There is probably a rodent nest in the airbox. And its not able to suck any air in, so that may be why it has "no balls"

dog food intake FTW

33206668.jpg

The pics dont even really demonstrate how bad it is. There is **** on the relays, behind every piece of trim I pulled. Those fuggers got all in the bracing in the pillars and seat mounts. I dont even know how I am gonna take care of it all. I might have to blow air into the pillars wearing a mask of course.

Maybe a couple gallons of industrial disinfectant too.

I can't see the picture at work, but my older friend worked on an almost new 164 that had the entire air intake (pre-filter) filled with dog food from rats. It wouldn't even start.

Thats basically the picture, it was in my 245 dl. We found it at an Orlando TB meet when I was plus T'ing the wagon.

I have seen entire engine bays filled with nests at the junkyard. No kidding.

These guys must have been Mice because they got in some really small spots.

This doesnt concern this car, but is a car considered totalled by an insurance company if it has had rodents? I know they ask if its been in a flood, fire, rollover, but not rodents!

thats f***ing gross.

No kidding. Thats why I am throwing away the entire interior.

The previous owner was driving around with his kid in the back. Terrible.

When I looked at the car with my buddy I asked the guy, "Whats that smell?" and he said he didnt notice anything. Liar.

Going to the dump right now!

Last edited:
So I stripped down the entire interior and gave it a thorough cleansing. I am going to run a pre95 960 dash so I can physically support the wiring harness and the instrument cluster. I currently have a seat from a 91 940 Turbo.

All ABS, Power seats, cruise control, radio, and interior illumination wiring is gone.

Turbo is halfway off due to major exhaust gasket leak. It looks like it is getting the bigger turbo I have on the workbench!

And the car RUNS! I had the entire wiring harness pulled out of it and did some cutting of thing like cruise wires and seat wiring. I even hosed down the wires directly. I was expecting the worse....however the car started right up on the first try. No turn signals or headlights though. Got the headlights working by tightening the plug to the switch. Got the turn signals working by grabbing another hazard relay/switch from the junkyard. I didnt realize the switch was also the relay.

The car is going to remain with no interior. Plan is to put the B234FT in this after its smogged and registered. Then maybe do the Haltech. And possibly M90. Will keep stock 60k AW71 for now.

Last edited:
Back