• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T Question

I'll be completing my +T in the near future and curious about how rich and about how much power the car will be making at 7psi. Is it needed to place a wideband on the vehicle at 7 psi?

I'm running turbo 850 30lb injectors.

Thats stock boost levels, so i would say the wideband is not nessacarily needed. Its hard to how much power you have but i would gues 130ish hp's. Now if you wideband money burning a hole in your pocket then by all means get one. Its always good to monitor afr's. A wb is probably the first and most critical part you should spend money's on. Just my opinion.

It's a 1990 Volvo 240 Lh2.4 with computer and dizzy swapped out from a 1991 Volvo 740 turbo. Using a td04 13c turbo. The car has a vx3 cam and will have a full 3" exhaust.

How do people typically add more fuel to these cars when upping the boost? Does the computers have a target afr and will go to 100% Duty cycle on the injectors? Will the computer adapt to larger injectors? I'm use to cars you can flash via obd2 port.

from my understanding the ecu will just up the duty cycle of the injectors if necessary but at a certain point you need bigger injectors and chips. like TLAO chips seem to be most popular and that's what I have(not installed yet) someone correct me if im wrong on my statement

Why would you NOT want to run a WB02? If too poor or inept to install, perhaps a +T isn't a good idea.

A WB02 is a tool, used properly and you can monitor and learn.

It's a 1990 Volvo 240 Lh2.4 with computer and dizzy swapped out from a 1991 Volvo 740 turbo. Using a td04 13c turbo. The car has a vx3 cam and will have a full 3" exhaust.

Why are you swapping the distributor from a 740 into a 240?

A basic +T will get you around 140-150 rear wheel horsepower... when considering that a stocker will dyno around 90rwhp... that's a pretty noticeable jump.

Why are you swapping the distributor from a 740 into a 240?

A basic +T will get you around 140-150 rear wheel horsepower... when considering that a stocker will dyno around 90rwhp... that's a pretty noticeable jump.

I'm just swapping the computer out, I'm leaving the stock dizzy in. I meant the computer and the additional control box next to it.

No, a wideband isn't necessary. I ran pretty much the exact same setup at 11psi for a couple of years with no issues.

However, as has been adequately pointed out above, a wideband is a good idea and tells you lots about how your engine is running and what, if any, improvements could be made to the tune.

I'm just swapping the computer out, I'm leaving the stock dizzy in. I meant the computer and the additional control box next to it.

gotcha. I wasn't sure there for a minute :)

BTW... when I did my +T ages ago (lh2.2 with a b230) that 7psi of boost felt like a million. To be honest it was so much more than stock it took me a while to get used to it for fear of blowing something up.... that didn't last long.

enjoy.

gotcha. I wasn't sure there for a minute :)

BTW... when I did my +T ages ago (lh2.2 with a b230) that 7psi of boost felt like a million. To be honest it was so much more than stock it took me a while to get used to it for fear of blowing something up.... that didn't last long.

enjoy.

Thanks man, I have few things left. I'll probably start the car in a day or two. BTW what did you guys do with the washer fluid container in your 240's after placing the AMM on the passenger side? I don't seem to have room for it anymore,lol.

or get a washer bottle for a turbo kjet car because its mounted on the drivers side instead of passenger side. hhhmmmm I seem to have one im not using =p

I left it there and made my amm/intake pipe go around it. I like to wash my windows.

Back